PDA

View Full Version : $55: Flopped tptk and being bet into. How to get max chips?

AA suited
09-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1000)
MP3 (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
Button (t1000)
SB (t1000)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">MP1 raises to 60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero calls</font>

Flop: (t145) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t75</font>, HERO ???

1st hand of Sng, thus no reads.

His 1/2pot bet looks like a continuation bet bluff. i usually call, and hope he bets on the turn, where i raise if a scare card doesnt hit. but normally, he'll check/fold.
i've also min raised on the flop. but he also folds.

so both ways he'll fold if he has nothing.

At least if i let him see the turn, there's a better chance he'll call. but there's a chance a scare card hits, and he bluffs me out.

but if he had a piece of the flop, i've just lost a betting opportunity by just calling.

What's the best line for max chips? and why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

1) Call and hope he bets on the turn, where i raise?
2) or min raise on flop?
3) or ???

hockeyf
09-08-2005, 06:37 PM
I would reraise preflop, and reraise this flop.

Daliman
09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, semi-tricky hand, and yes, he may be able to bluff you if a scary card hits the turn, but he may also either HAVE the best hand already or have that scare card hit him. I have no problem with the PF play, as long as you mix it up some with RR's too, but I'd likely prefer a flat call on the flop and raising most turns, with raising flop to ~225 a close second. You're right that he will usually fold nada on the flop if you raise, but you may be forgetting that he may still BET with nothing on the turn,(or TT-QQ, not exactly nothing).