PDA

View Full Version : Sklansky on Comcast "On Demand"

GeniusToad
09-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Has anybody seen the On Demand poker stuff on Comcast cable? Currently there are some brief tutorial type of things on Omaha8oB. Several pros comment on Omaha strategies including Todd Brunson, Mike Matusow, and David Sklansky. Reason I'm writing this is that Sklansky seems really uneasy and almost pissed off through a lot of it. He still makes very useful and insightful comments about the game but when he's not talking his body language is very odd. I wonder, was there bad blood between he and Matusow or he and Brunson? Matusow did, in fact, disappear from the set after several segments.
One segment he was there, the next he was replaced by some blonde who didn't speak much. She isn't a pro player that I can recognize and she wasn't introduced. Nothing was explained. These segments appear to be pretty cheaply done and the whole thing has a wierd vibe in general, but the odd Sklansky behavior just adds to the awkwardness. Anybody seen this or have any insight in to it? What gives?

TStoneMBD
09-08-2005, 06:25 PM
i have comcast on demand but ive never seen these selections. where can i find them? is it in the on demand screen on channel 001? what is it located under?

GeniusToad
09-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Go to the On Demand main menu. Then find "The Cutting Edge", then "Gambling", then "Poker".

TStoneMBD
09-08-2005, 07:33 PM
thanks, i found it. also, OOT has a rule that poker content is not allowed or welcomed. i recommend you repost this thread here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=holdem

i will watch these videos as soon as i can and if you repost it there ill reply with my thoughts.

Michael Davis
09-08-2005, 07:48 PM
What gives is that Sklansky is a very socially awkward person. No big deal.

Those OnDemand poker episodes are absolutely dreadful.

-Michael

Russ McGinley
09-08-2005, 08:20 PM
It should be noted that there is a player in those games named "Mat". Hmm.

benkahuna
09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Sklansky seems petulant when it comes to the stupidity of others. Add Mike Matusow and bake for 15 minutes.

SheridanCat
09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Sklansky's body language indicates he'd rather be having a root canal at that moment. Actually, he seems to believe - rightly - that he's the smartest guy in the room, and seems bored by it all.

Regards,

T

GeniusToad
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Heh, thanks for the heads up about the posting in "other other". Just couldn't find a spot for it elsewhere. I'm glad somebody could though.

Colonel Kataffy
09-09-2005, 04:33 PM
He looks like someone is making him sit through church.

betgo
09-10-2005, 02:22 AM
He probably got paid for it and agreed to do it, but he thinks those shows are stupid.

PITTM
09-10-2005, 02:52 AM
wow, i had never used on demand before. that was pretty rad. the omaha clips sucked, but the fact that i can watch adult swim shows at all hours rules.

rj

autobet
09-10-2005, 03:30 AM
Do you need a digital cable box to get this?

Jeffage
09-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Yes.

Jeff