PDA

View Full Version : hand charts for 6 max

MINETZ
09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Has anyone written any good ones theyd like to share or point me to a good thread about em.
Thanks,
Noah

09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
This is so table dependent, stack dependent, position dependent, etc. But... I'll have a go.

Examples of things I can get away with at 6-max:

KTo...second to act after a fold you CAN raise this hand.
Axo...UTG...table dependent. Usually a fold. But any ace is still a decent holding against 5 opponents.
Call with any PP, unless raised, then it's determinant.
QT...in EP...folding this isn't horrible, neither is raising. QTs after an EP limp is a decent call.
JTs is a nice call especially after 1 or 2 limpers. I don't think I ever raise with this hand though. It doesn't play well HU.
57s...in the BB after UTG raises and everyone calls...I'll call this. Hitting a miracle flop with hands like these can pay off at shorthanded NL.

Hope this helps a bit. Sure I'll get flamed as usual but these are some of my nuances.

MINETZ
09-08-2005, 06:22 PM
i know fimbul wrote something about this, can anyone send me a link of it, I can seem to find it.

Bukem_
09-08-2005, 06:23 PM
You shouldn't play 6 max according to a starting hand chart.

TheWorstPlayer
09-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Hand charts suck. And fim's really sucks. Unless you play postflop as well as he does.

Rococo
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I find it difficult to believe that a hand chart would be useful for 6-max, and especially for 3 or 4 handed play. In fact, I suspect it would retard development.

Sometimes you have a play like a human tornado and sometimes like a limp fish. It all depends on who you are playing, and how deep they are. I don't think that a hand chart would be useful even as a starting point. The only general rule of thumb is that open limping usually is bad (but not always) in a really shorthanded game.