PDA

View Full Version : program to make our lives easier

chisness
09-08-2005, 05:26 PM
someone should program something that automatically joins a new party tournament of a certain value as soon as one is closed or alternately X at once when given the direction

raptor517
09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
someone should program something that automatically joins a new party tournament of a certain value as soon as one is closed or alternately X at once when given the direction

[/ QUOTE ]

yea ive been posting bout one of these for weeks. holla

downtown
09-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah, that someone should be Party Gaming. But I agree. Worst part of starting a set is starting the set.

stupidsucker
there used to be one...

I dont think it was updated since party updated their software.

AliasMrJones
Seems like it would be trivial to change PartyMine or some other datamining thingy to do this.

michw
09-08-2005, 06:08 PM
It would also be cool if this same program had table selection functionality that would allow the user to create a list of names the program could attempt to steer away from.

tom441lbk
09-08-2005, 06:39 PM
also be cool if the program would play the sng for me, so i could 2141094851975 table like raptor, but only on two monitors and i could use my time to do better stuff like play sngs or something.

tom

tigerite
09-10-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would also be cool if this same program had table selection functionality that would allow the user to create a list of names the program could attempt to steer away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is impossible, as the names aren't readable via the table, they are just graphics.

It's actually very hard to get auto-open working without glitches, because of the way the lobby window doesn't refresh without the mouse over it for one thing, and also the limit of 4 per lobby, I've tried and it's far from straightforward to code.

The closing thing is also very tricky because you get popups like 'if you leave now blah blah' when you've busted out, because party hasn't yet figured out you're out, even though you are. Oh, and finally, you have to have some kind of auto-tick-boxes for the 'tournament buy-in' since when one of those popups is open, you can't open new tables - it won't let you, says "transaction waiting to be completed".

Misfire
09-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I like how UB now has a waiting list for SNG's... Just click and it drops you in the next seat available.

09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
I agree, I wish party would have a similar "signup list".

People (lots) would continuously signup and as soon as the list hits 10 signups, those 10 would be seated and the next list would be started (just like UB).

Makes sense, and is more convenient /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bluff Daddy
09-10-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like how UB now has a waiting list for SNG's... Just click and it drops you in the next seat available.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea most sites have some sort of waiting list for their sng's but partys fill up so fast at the lower limits a waiting list wouldnt really help

09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea most sites have some sort of waiting list for their sng's but partys fill up so fast at the lower limits a waiting list wouldnt really help

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the reason why a waiting list WOULD help. It would avoid opening and closing tables trying to find out which one has an open seat (and then having to click on the seat faster than anyone else).

A waiting list would bypass all this and allow you to just signup and play.

Bluff Daddy
09-10-2005, 11:08 PM
yeah not sure what I was thinking

Ogre
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
a luckbox would be much more useful