PDA

View Full Version : Got an offer to go back to Absolute - have a question

celiboy
09-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I got an email the other day from Absolute basically asking me to come back and play at their site again as I have not played on there for awhile. If I deposit 250 I get a 20% bonus and entry into 3 tourneys for free ($13K one, $12K one and the weekly AP challenge tourney). Now, if I deposit 500 I get all of the same things except that I get to play in their $1500 monthly VIP invited only tourney. Does anyone know how big this monthly tourney is? If it's huge, then I'm not going to deposit the $500 to get into this tourney, but if it's a small field then maybe I would as it's a $1500 prize pool for it. Depositing is not the problem as I have the money, but I only have 475 in my Neteller and I don't want to deposit any new funds with my CC unless it's really worth it.....

LoveDub
09-09-2005, 07:48 AM
It's a low traffic site, so if you're better than average, any tournament should be good (smaller field size).

CountDuckula
09-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't know how many VIPs there are, but I'd guess it's a fairly small percentage of the population. Typically, the ARP tourneys run about 200-300 players, while the open freerolls hit their caps (usually 1500-2000 players) within about 15 min. of registration opening (depending on time of day, etc.). Since the ARP tourneys might as well be free (I don't think the ARPs are useful for much else, though I haven't bothered to look; there might be a store where you could buy logo crap using ARPs, but I've never been into that), I would guess that the reason they don't attract more players is that there aren't all that many that earn enough ARPs to enter them very often; such people aren't likely to be VIPs.

On the whole, I'd say the odds are fairly decent that the field will number somewhere in the low hundreds. Also, bear in mind that the $500 deposit can be a relatively temporary investment; once you've cleared the requirements or built your bankroll to a comfortable level, you can withdraw part or all of it.

-Mike