PDA

View Full Version : Patriots or Raiders?

UncleRemus
09-08-2005, 02:54 PM
It's always seemed to me that everyone outside of New England hated the Patriots pre-dynasty, and hate them even more now.
Who are you rooting for tonight?

McGahee
09-08-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's always seemed to me that everyone outside of New England hated the Patriots pre-dynasty, and hate them even more now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I'd say they're the least-hated "dynasty" ever.
Certainly nobody hated them during the Dick McPherson era.

JayLear
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM
This is incorrect. I've never met anybody that hated the Patriots -- now or pre-dynasty.

UncleRemus
09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Wow, really? I'll admit, the Dick McPherson is slightly before my football time -- didn't get into it until about the mid 90's -- but I've taken crap for wearing Pats attire outside New England both before and after we started winning. Admittedly, I've taken more of it in the last couple of years, but it's always surprised me.

kerssens
09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I want a good game and LaMont Jordan to get every yard and touchdown for the Raiders offense.

UncleRemus
09-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Haha. I suppose from a fantasy perspective, I'd like the Patriots to win 30-28. 4 TD's for Porter (if I get the nerve to start him), and 10 50 yard field goals from Vinny.

JayLear
09-08-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, really? I'll admit, the Dick McPherson is slightly before my football time -- didn't get into it until about the mid 90's -- but I've taken crap for wearing Pats attire outside New England both before and after we started winning. Admittedly, I've taken more of it in the last couple of years, but it's always surprised me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think as a football fan you're going to run into that with just about any team. Try wearing Bears gear in Wisconsin. You talk about getting some crap...

Voltron87
09-08-2005, 03:06 PM
go raiders.

im hoping for a 33-30 win for the west coast, with 10 vinateiri field goals.

JayLear
09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS IN LESS THAN 6 HOURS!!!

UncleRemus
09-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah you've got a point, I'd imagine that is pretty bad. I wore a Red Sox hat to Yankee Stadium once.. Unless I'm with at least half a dozen people, I will never wear one there again.

junkmail3
09-08-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS IN LESS THAN 6 HOURS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got chills.

Matt Williams
09-08-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you've got a point, I'd imagine that is pretty bad. I wore a Red Sox hat to Yankee Stadium once.. Unless I'm with at least half a dozen people, I will never wear one there again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd. I've gone to plenty of Sox/Yanks games and seen a lot of Sox fans. Never once seen anyone picking on a Sox fan.

McGahee
09-08-2005, 03:22 PM
I bet that the Pats would win & cover, and I hate the Pats with a passion, hope they lose.

This should ensure a 24-21 Pats win.

Jack of Arcades
09-08-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm a big fan of the Pats because I like the way they run their front office.

UncleRemus
09-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Going by the votes and the comments, I stand corrected! I guess the Pats aren't as hated as I thought.

Voltron87
09-08-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd. I've gone to plenty of Sox/Yanks games and seen a lot of Sox fans. Never once seen anyone picking on a Sox fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it really depends on which section you go to. Some sections are fine, but if you go to the reserved bleacher section (the right field side one) then youre asking for trouble.

UncleRemus
09-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Got spit on by a drunk on the way to our seats. Worst feeling in the world, too, because I knew if I did a thing it ends up a fight, and I'd have gotten tossed and the [censored] would have got to stay and watch the game. In retrospect I should have slugged the prick anyway.

Sluss
09-08-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Boston fans in general have been rubbing me a bit the past year. They have always been a "whoa is me" kind of fans and now they just seem to be poor winners.

TomHimself
09-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I hate the Pats and I dont know anyone who likes them. GO Raiders baby! Randy Moss is gonna light it up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Uston
09-08-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct, so long as you aren't in the bleachers or being antagonistic. I had good seats for the third game of the year at the Stadium. I wore a Sox hat no one said a word. I'll be in the bleachers tomorrow night and, since I don't feel like getting beer tossed on me, I'll be leaving the hat at home.

RunDownHouse
09-08-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's always seemed to me that everyone outside of New England hated the Patriots pre-dynasty

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone bother hating a completely irrelevant team?

Dynasty
09-08-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame.

nothumb
09-08-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a blind man want to go to a baseball game? Did they give you a program in braille?

NT

sublime
09-08-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Its why I like the A's.

Jack of Arcades
09-08-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, why?

09-08-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct, so long as you aren't in the bleachers or being antagonistic. I had good seats for the third game of the year at the Stadium. I wore a Sox hat no one said a word. I'll be in the bleachers tomorrow night and, since I don't feel like getting beer tossed on me, I'll be leaving the hat at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the same way at Fenway for Yankee fans in the "cheap" seats.

Voltron87
09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
ive been to more yankee games than probably anyone on the board, and i can safely say there is not much abuse of sox fans at all. it really doesnt happen often. it would happen a lot in the bleachers, and if a sox fan was cheering or being drunk and stupid.

99% of the people wearing sox gear dont get anything, and the ones who do are usually yelling "YOU SUCK JETAH!!" everytime he comes up.

Phoenix1010
09-08-2005, 08:40 PM
What is Freddie Prinz doing there?

sublime
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
was that freddie prinze jr? wtf

craig r
09-08-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
was that freddie prinze jr? wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

He is by far the most under rated actor of our generation. Have you seen "she's all that"? obviously not.

craig