PDA

View Full Version : AA vs. 2 morons...... anyone else play differently?

jetsg4
09-08-2005, 02:30 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #8113333-7979 at Melbourne ($1/$2 Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 08/Sep/05 14:17:42

jetsg4 is at seat 0 with $43.25.
Rindo is at seat 1 with $9.
boogaloobob is at seat 2 with $120.75.
dreamplayer is at seat 3 with $19.50.
CZzapper is at seat 4 with $33.75.
outfitter is at seat 5 with $28.50.
The button is at seat 5.

jetsg4 posts the small blind of $.50.
Rindo posts the big blind of $1.

jetsg4: Ac Ah
Rindo: -- --
boogaloobob: -- --
dreamplayer: -- --
CZzapper: -- --
outfitter: -- --

Pre-flop:

boogaloobob folds. dreamplayer calls. CZzapper
folds. outfitter folds. jetsg4 raises to $2.
Rindo calls. dreamplayer calls.

Flop (board: 7s 6c 9h):

jetsg4 bets $1. Rindo raises to $2. dreamplayer
calls. jetsg4 re-raises to $3. Rindo re-raises to
$4. dreamplayer calls. jetsg4 calls.

Turn (board: 7s 6c 9h Qh):

jetsg4 bets $2. Rindo goes all-in for $3.
dreamplayer calls. jetsg4 re-raises to $5.
dreamplayer calls.

River (board: 7s 6c 9h Qh Td):

jetsg4 bets $2. dreamplayer calls.

Showdown:

jetsg4 shows Ac Ah.
jetsg4 has Ac Ah 9h Qh Td: a pair of aces.
Rindo shows 5d Ts.
Rindo has Ts 7s 9h Qh Td: a pair of tens.
dreamplayer shows Th Qd.
dreamplayer has Th Qd 9h Qh Td: two pair, queens and tens.

Hand #8113333-7979 Summary:

$1 is raked from a total pot of $35.
$1 is raked from the main pot of $27.
$0 is raked from side pot #1 of $8.
dreamplayer wins the main pot $26 with two pair, queens and tens.
dreamplayer wins the side pot $8 with two pair, queens and tens.

W. Deranged
09-08-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't see what else you can do. Nice hand.

Don't post results as it will skew opinions.

jetsg4
09-08-2005, 02:36 PM
true.. i don't post many hands.. and didn't think about results... just couldn't understand how that guy called 2 cold twice with no pair/gutshot draw

krimson
09-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Well played... I think the results even demonstrate you played it correctly no?

W. Deranged
09-08-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
true.. i don't post many hands.. and didn't think about results... just couldn't understand how that guy called 2 cold twice with no pair/gutshot draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, the world is full of many very bad poker players...

jetsg4
09-08-2005, 02:38 PM
well, i lost.... not exactly the result i was looking for, i at least thought i would get the side pot

SeaEagle
09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Things that never change in the SS forum:

#1) If I see a thread titled something like "AA vs. 2 morons...... anyone else play differently?", it'll be a bad beat whine.

09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
It happens. You played it fine. I had a similar situation with KK on the BB, seven people call and a guy with Q9 catches a queen on the turn and a nine on the river to beat me. Say nh and move on.

Etc., don't post results and please convert your hands. Btw, 1/2 is microlimit.

jetsg4
09-08-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Things that never change in the SS forum:

#1) If I see a thread titled something like "AA vs. 2 morons...... anyone else play differently?", it'll be a bad beat whine.

[/ QUOTE ]

another thing that won't change on 2+2, douchebags giving meaningless responses to threads that are asking if anyone plays a hand differently

thanks for your contribution

jetsg4
09-08-2005, 02:46 PM
how do i convert? like i said, i've never posted many hands

SeaEagle
09-08-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another thing that won't change on 2+2, douchebags giving meaningless responses to threads that are asking if anyone plays a hand differently

[/ QUOTE ]
If you really think you could/should have played it differently, how about you suggest another line?

jetsg4
09-08-2005, 02:53 PM
so, i post a hand to see if anyone else takes a different line, and then i should respond to my own post with a different line??

ever heard: "it's not crazy to talk to yourself, it's crazy when you start answering"

SeaEagle
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i post a hand to see if anyone else takes a different line, and then i should respond to my own post with a different line??

[/ QUOTE ]
My point is that there IS no different line. You played it right and got sucked out by someone who called 4 bets on the flop with nothing and then caught runners to beat you. You indicated your real reason for posting when you said
[ QUOTE ]
just couldn't understand how that guy called 2 cold twice with no pair/gutshot draw

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to post hands and "ask for a different line of play", how about you post ones where you really considered playing it differently than you did, or at least think there was a different way of playing it?

jetsg4
09-08-2005, 03:13 PM
isn't there differnt ways of playing every hand??

i could have check called flop and bet out on turn banking on shorty going all in with anything making him call almost 2 big bets cold... there's always another way...

TheMainEvent
09-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Hands like this play themselves. Never back down against a player who is about to be all-in when you have a strong hand, cause he's probably just spewing his remaining chips. The other guy was calling along the whole way so there was no reason to assume you were beat, even on the river.

Which decision are you questioning? All streets are obvious IMO. If you are asking whether you could have protected your hand better to avoid losing, the answer is a big no

JerseyTom
09-08-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was probably thinking "Ok, he probably has aces. But if I hit a Q on the turn and a T on the river, I can probably win the hand."

This is less of an exaggeration than you might think.

Tom

09-08-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

UB should work straight up. For party and affiliates, remove the word "texas" from the start of the HH. Make sure to uncheck the "include results" box.