PDA

View Full Version : how much better is LCD than CRT for your eyes??

09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
yes ive done a search. Anyway, I have switched ALL of my CRT's to LCD's because I hear there easier on the eyes. Whats the reason for this and is this a longterm/shorterm thing? Thx in advance

gila
09-08-2005, 02:29 PM
I don't know the reasoning but it sure helps. I used to get headaches all the time and sore eyes with my crt. Since I got the dell, nothing.

JRussell
09-08-2005, 03:14 PM
It has to do with the difference in how the two work. CRT's actually project small high-intensity beams of light into your eyes. LCD's work in a completely different way and don't project the beam into your eye in the same way (or with the same intensity).

I'm sure someone else can explain it much better.

Rudbaeck
09-09-2005, 07:05 AM
They don't flicker.

CRTs redraw the entire screen many times each second. (Usually 60-85 times.) Which means that the picture actually flickers superfast. You can't notice the flicker if it's more than 12-15 times a second, but it still slowly gives a headache.

LCDs only update the bits that actually change. And especially in online poker that's fairly small portions of the screen.

When LCDs were new they tended to be really bad if the entire screen was constantly changing, like an action movie or a video game. But those days are long past.

Oilcan
09-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes.

It is much, much, easier on your eyes. My eyes would be a bit burny/itchy after long 4 tabling sessions on CRT's. Now nothing.

But, make sure it has the DVI connection.

I have one now, and will buy a 2nd in the next 1-3 months when they have a sale.

regards