PDA

View Full Version : My complaint list (add yours)

Uglyowl
09-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Absolute Poker: A. When a player disconnects a pop up appears, when they return another appears.

B. When you are on multiple waiting lists and join a table, pop-ups come up for each table you are taken off of.

Pop-ups suck, get rid of them.

Party:

Waiting lists, when you sign up, sometimes half a dozen invites show up and only the first one is good.

Pokerroom:

The blind post option, you have to sit in and out to click and unclick. On top of the increased rake it drives me crazy.

UltimateBet: The new bonus structure is absurd. The high level players are getting raped.

DarkKnight
09-08-2005, 02:20 PM
2+2: complaint lists

FlFishOn
09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Not a single room I can think of correctly assigns the blinds if someone busts out in the SB or BB. Not one.

Freudian
09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Party: The rebuy bug. When someone get knocked out in a tourney BB sometimes skip a player.

theblitz
09-08-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rebuy bug.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ChrisCo
09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party: The rebuy bug. When someone get knocked out in a tourney BB sometimes skip a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, the rebuy bug is when you go all- in during a rebuy period with say 4000 chips and rebuy. Party reads your stack as 0 when you push all in so it allows you to rebuy. You are only supposed to be allowed to rebuy when you have 1000 chips or less.

theblitz
09-08-2005, 02:44 PM
A few more Absolute (tyrped this in once and then accidently closed the browesr window).

1. Doesn't de-select the "Auto-Post" when you sit out. Can be really annoying to come back to a 6-max game and post double.

2. No special table layout for 6-max. Not an asthetics problem. It means that I can't always sit myself as I want. Sometimes I wish to sit between a tight player and a loose player. This is all good until someone comes and sits between us.

3. Only 3 tables!

4. Resource hog.

5. HH! PUT THEM ON MY DISK!!!!

With all that, I love them for the bonuses and the R********k.

4_2_it
09-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Pokerstars: 5-max rule on multi-tabling cash ring games /images/graemlins/frown.gif

imported_CaseClosed326
09-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Absolute: Hand Histories. I don't see why they can make an update to put the HH on my hard drive. Is it that complex?

Poker Stars: The lobby layout is annoying. I like to be able to look at one limit at a time. (IE party lobby layout)

MicroBob
09-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Pokerroom - do you still have to sit-out of your ring-game in order to click the cashier to re-buy when you are running low on chips?
This is really a pain.

Party (and other rooms) when I join a table I can't immediately click a 'wait for BB button'.
I can either click 'sit out' and then probably miss the blind passing me....or I can click 'auto-post' and then it will just post for me UTG or something.

Also - after I do get the 'wait for BB' icon...it will skip me in the BB if someone busts or sits-out in one of the blinds and then I have to wait another lap.
I've been on tables where the button has passed me 2 or 3x while I was just on regular 'wait for BB' and 'auto-post BB' mode.
There is no excuse for this.
If i'm at a live game then we go to a single-blind or whatever is necessary and appropriate for the situation. The live-game dealer wouldn't just say..."Oh...well it would have been your turn to join-in now....but instead we'll just make you wait for another orbit."

Empire - rebuy tourneys that add an extra entry-fee INTO the re-buys. If you are playing a 20+2 with rebuys and add-ons...then the cost of the re-buy should be $20...not $22.

Hey uglyowl - I would think that Euro's 'seize your current browser window to tell you that you are leaving euro' (which you already knew naturally) would have been at the VERY TOP of your list.

Uglyowl
09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hey uglyowl - I would think that Euro's 'seize your current browser window to tell you that you are leaving euro' (which you already knew naturally) would have been at the VERY TOP of your list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been too busy at other sites, forgot about them...

That too.

Insp. Clue!So?
09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
In re pokerroom sitout/rebuy, it is an illogical pain but if you do it reasonably quickly it should never be a problem.

Personally, I wish they'd get rid of the fake cup holders on the tables, which add to eye fatigue (they look like extra chips to me).

SoCalRugger
09-08-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom:

The blind post option, you have to sit in and out to click and unclick. On top of the increased rake it drives me crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know you can do this while sitting in by right-clicking on your name, right?

TemetNosce
09-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Paradise:

1. Software update to speed things up.

2. Hand histories automatically placed on my hard drive. Or at least fix the current HH problem.

LoveDub
09-09-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise:

1. Software update to speed things up.

2. Hand histories automatically placed on my hard drive. Or at least fix the current HH problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what the hell were the graphic designers thinking? Gaudy deluxe.

Seeing what other players have bet is next to impossible unless you're running it in a full-screen mode. The graphics for the chips are atrocious.

jdl22
09-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Party and friends:
- when the bb busts one player gets to skip the bb.
- when opening sng tables, particulary at lower buyins the window doesn't update anywhere near quickly enough so you have to open like ten tables to get your set of four in.
- they should use a waiting list system for low buyin sngs. This way it isn't a huge race to get to the seats. It improved a bit with the seat being reserved while buying in but it still sucks.

Torr
09-09-2005, 02:37 PM
UB, PS and others - I'm trying to type an email or url in my browser when the poker site steals focus and i am suddenly typing in their chat box.

MrBlueNose
09-09-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UB, PS and others - I'm trying to type an email or url in my browser when the poker site steals focus and i am suddenly typing in their chat box.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha. I love it when someone types in "do too" or another fragment from the end of a sentence. i do that all the time. I once did it in an MTT while someone was sweating me, and was telling them "I got aces". I conveniently type in the chat box "got aces".....although then again, I was called by pocket 4s so I guess it doesnt matter /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neil Stevens
09-09-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom - do you still have to sit-out of your ring-game in order to click the cashier to re-buy when you are running low on chips?
This is really a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and yes it is.

RollaJ
09-09-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is really a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me 2 rounds at a 5 handed table today to reload

theben
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
abs poker--slow

party--bad WL

UB-- disgraceful bonus

agreed

timprov
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is even more thrilling on iPoker (Noble, Titan, etc) where some things can only be done in live chat with support. Chatting with support and playing on a table is fun when they're constantly stealing focus from each other. And tables take focus when your advance-selected action happens, which makes it even nuttier.

Chatting on UB with UltimateHistory running is a pain, too, as the hand history window(s) keeps stealing focus. Add UB to the list of sites which need modern hand history systems.

Uglyowl
09-09-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I once did it in an MTT while someone was sweating me, and was telling them "I got aces". I conveniently type in the chat box "got aces

[/ QUOTE ]

Colluding? Just kidding, that is funny. No one will believe you anyway or think you are talking about something else /images/graemlins/smile.gif

handsome
09-09-2005, 04:50 PM
PokerStars: when I'm typing something in an IM or other application, a Stars table pops up and "takes away" my typing. Party doesn't do this. Also, having to click the "Fold" button like 6 times before it actually folds (when the table is not completely in focus).

theben
lol

theben
gotta add one more i forget. sometimes its typing/talking in the chat box. gets hard if you are too forgetful to mute dealer updates

09-09-2005, 04:59 PM
fish

chrisg
09-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Party: The lobby sucks. Can't choose to be on the waiting list for specific tables unless they are already full. Oh, and they have PL and NL table on the same screen which is confusing.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Have any of you guys email their support? I just email AP about the problems I think they have. If you want any of this fixed I suggest you do the same. They can not fix what they do not know about.

SoCalRugger
09-09-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A few more Absolute (tyrped this in once and then accidently closed the browesr window).

3. Only 3 tables!

5. HH! PUT THEM ON MY DISK!!!!

With all that, I love them for the bonuses and the R********k.

[/ QUOTE ]
When Absolute called me up to offer me a bonus package to come back to their site, they also asked me what improvements could be made to the software. During the conversation, the guy mentioned that they are planning on raising the table limit to 4, and they are working on saving the hand histories to the hard drive. He didn't have a date for the changes, but they are in the works.

Joe Taylor
09-09-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is really a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although this may have been fixed recently, I know in the past if you Sit Out at *any* point in a hand (ie to reload), you also don't get any player points for that hand. So having to sit out to reload is just that much more annoying.

Big Bend
09-09-2005, 08:15 PM
PokerStars - the Find a Player system sucks

Eurobet - damn web page everytime I logoff

Pokerroom - I want 6-max, not 5-max

lastsamurai
09-10-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars: when I'm typing something in an IM or other application, a Stars table pops up and "takes away" my typing. Party doesn't do this. Also, having to click the "Fold" button like 6 times before it actually folds (when the table is not completely in focus).

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah...when you ask your friend "how much should i raise cause i have the nuts" and PS just showed your text to the whole table.

LoveDub
09-15-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, having to click the "Fold" button like 6 times before it actually folds (when the table is not completely in focus).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about this one. It may be deliberate. If you're multitabling and one screen popsup over another, it can sometimes be gratifying to have that function available. I think the algorithm is that you must click once to assert that that is the window you want, and then once more to effect the action.

Predator314
09-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Party & Affiliates: I want heads up tables where you don't get raped by the rake.