PDA

View Full Version : Bubble resteal against stupid/agressive opponent

Sponger15SB
09-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Button used to be massive big stack but then doubled up other 2 stacks in a row and then next hand almost doubled me up but we split the pot (bad beat! arg). Anyways, he has shown down some crappy hands and he has done the min raise preflop a few too many times and so I'm wondering if this is too out of line...

NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee

Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: bjborekas1 ( $2390 )
Seat 2: Sponger15aa ( $2530 )
Seat 5: dajo79 ( $1420 )
Seat 10: wasabi_0 ( $1660 )

Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger15aa [ Ad 5h ]
dajo79 folds.
wasabi_0 folds.
bjborekas1 raises [600].
Sponger15aa is all-In [2130]

raptor517
09-08-2005, 01:35 PM
if hes a maniac calling everything.. do you really wanna go to showdown with A5? holla

schwza
09-08-2005, 01:44 PM
even if he flipped over 32o, i think it's still a fold. not positive, but i think so.

fnord_too
09-08-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if hes a maniac calling everything.. do you really wanna go to showdown with A5? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't respond to this becuase I was thinking about this very question. A5o has 57% equity against a random hand. Getting rid of the worst hands drops him to about 56% equity, but I guess there is a chance he is raising any two and folding the worst ones. I want to let this go and brutalize the two shorter stacks. If maniac is raising every hand, I won't get to attack them, but something should give quickly and put me ITM.

I think I muck and take my small but not tiny edges once we hit the money, but I'm not positive. Anyone have access to SNGPT right now? I am at work so I cannot play with it.

raptor517
09-08-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I muck and take my small but not tiny edges once we hit the money, but I'm not positive. Anyone have access to SNGPT right now? I am at work so I cannot play with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a definite fold, and its really not close. he cant possibly fold to a push, especially if hes on tilt at all.. hes calling any 2 he raised with. fold fold fold. holla

Rode_Dog
09-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm not pushing A5 here. You have way too many chips to make a stand with a weak hand. I would not push back with less than AJs and might even fold that. I will trap him later, so I'll let him hold my chips for a couple of orbits and push the short stacks when I can.

Sponger15SB
09-08-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. So he called with KJ and I win.

Now, what would you guys do if this was an otherwise sane person who just happened to min raise in this instance and you hadn't seen him get out of line yet.