PDA

View Full Version : a blot on my new dell laptop paradise

stripsqueez
09-08-2005, 12:04 PM
some drop kick pinched my laptop recently - i was a bit due for an upgrade and after a mere 10 days or so i now love my new dell inspiron 9300 17 inch screen

i am nearing complete forgiveness as i 4 table on my new dell but my computer illiterate brain is unable to work out how to lose a black border that appears around the tables and causes overlap (although the tables themselves dont overlap)

has anybody else had this drama ? - can anyone tell me using big words and/or coulour diagrams what i can do to fix it ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Freakin
09-08-2005, 12:18 PM
This has been asked many many times

Right-click on desktop
Properties
Settings tab
Advanced
Change DPI setting from 120 down to 96 (normal)

and congrats on the laptop

Freakin

stripsqueez
09-08-2005, 12:50 PM
i am now officially living the dream

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

bosoxfan
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm having the same problem on the 9300 I just got. When I click on desktop though it onlt has two tabs. One for taskbar and one for start menu. How do I get to settings? Any help would be great. thanks.

CrazyN8
09-09-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having the same problem on the 9300 I just got. When I click on desktop though it onlt has two tabs. One for taskbar and one for start menu. How do I get to settings? Any help would be great. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

right click in the middle of the screen on nothing...this should get you where you need to be.