PDA

View Full Version : Multi tabling sngs.

lem45216
09-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi, im interested in multi tabling the $11 nlhe sngs which i currently play but am currently finding this quite difficult as often i'll start 2 or 3 tournaments and end up on the bubble for each and will have to make 1935635136 decisions a second, which is a tad difficult. So i was just wondering how others cope with this? Do i just train myself to be able to cope with lots of bubble decisions at once, or do i start one and then another a bit later, and another shortly after that?
Thanks in advance.
Jaffa

SheridanCat
09-08-2005, 11:49 AM
once we get short handed, I find myself overloaded with 2 tables going. I can multi-table ring games, but not the tournaments. I suppose it would come in time, just as the ring games did, but I prefer to play a bit slower than multi-tabling allows.

I guess I'm more interested in playing good poker than in playing more tables.

If you want to play multi tables, just keep practicing. But be aware that you probably won't be playing optimal poker. You might find it easier if you use Poker Tracker and a HUD.

Regards,

T

09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
I normaly play 2-3 SNGs while doing a headsup game. Each table gives you 20-45 second to make a decision, take your time, the worst that happens is you let the weakest table fold out.

SheridanCat
09-08-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I normaly play 2-3 SNGs while doing a headsup game. Each table gives you 20-45 second to make a decision, take your time, the worst that happens is you let the weakest table fold out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, you're that guy who takes an eternity per decision. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

T

donkeyradish
09-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Starting each at 20 hand intervals sounds like an approach that might help. I don't play SnGs that often so never tried it.

KramerTM
09-08-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Starting each at 20 hand intervals sounds like an approach that might help. I don't play SnGs that often so never tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play SnGs a lot, and although I've never tried this, it makes perfect sense. Also, good advice is to not worry about your "image" at the table to the extent of worrying about how quickly you act. Worst comes to worst, people start calling you with weak hands just to try to knock you out.

unreal_nh
09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
once u start playing more and get more used to it the plays all become automatic and wont even require thinking. before u know it u will be bored playing 6 tables

pzhon
09-09-2005, 05:21 AM
I believe the consensus is that it is easier to play multiple SNGs than, for example, NL ring games. I believe more people in the One Table Tournament forum play 8 tables at once than in the NL forums.

One big difference is that on the bubble of a SNG, the blinds are typically large in relation to the stacks. That means you often make all of the decisions preflop, and there isn't a lot of complexity in those. If the blinds are not quite so large, you still usually get all of the money in or fold on the first postflop round with betting. In a ring game, you more frequently have decisions to make on each street.

lem45216
09-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Thanks everyone, i've started to stagger my sngs now, starting a new one every 20 hands as mentioned somewhere above. It's working out to be a bit easier to cope with. But yeah i'm sure after a while i'll get used to it, and i see what you mean about most of the decisions being made preflop when on the bubble.

SuitedSixes
09-09-2005, 12:42 PM
It gets easier with experience. One of the top players on the STT forum, raptor, is currently playing 16 at a time which he plays continuosly.