PDA

View Full Version : Huge Pot; Lots of Questions!

Crveballin
09-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Reads:
Button VPIP 62%, PFR 28%, AF 2.2
SB VPIP 50%, PFR 18% AF 1
UTG 56% PFR 12%. AF 0.24

Questions:
1. Is limping QJs standard or poor here?
2. How far should we go with the second nuts with aggression on every street? My best guess is UTG was holding Ahxo and didnt hit his nut flush (hence fold on river).
3. On the flop do we push from the start or we wait for the turn. We have aggression from 1st position and PFR behind us. I dont want to scare anyone away while extracting the most amount. Even if our PFR doesnt raise the flop, I think I can trap the SB and UTG for 2 more bets on the turn.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (29.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 41.50 BB

Entity
09-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Limp-reraise preflop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like the rest of the hand.

gobboboy
09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Yes, when you're close to closing the action with QJs or JTs it's actually very good to LRR if there are 4 people in. When you make your hand, you can likely beat a large number of people and they will be discouraged to fold because the pot is so big.

Crveballin
09-08-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, when you're close to closing the action with QJs or JTs it's actually very good to LRR if there are 4 people in. When you make your hand, you can likely beat a large number of people and they will be discouraged to fold because the pot is so big.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is limp-reraising good because its a hand that you can easily get away from when you miss, but great for multi-handed play? Im assuming that you would do this with JTs but how far down would you LRR? 78s?

09-08-2005, 11:47 AM
had a situation like this yesterday with a flopped king-hi-flush. only to be shown that the player to my right had the ace-hi-flush from the start. that was a ton of money that went in the middle. would do it the same again. sets put chips like crazy in the middle and you are ahead of them unless the board pairs. i think you played it perfect.

paperboyNC
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
had a situation like this yesterday with a flopped king-hi-flush. only to be shown that the player to my right had the ace-hi-flush from the start. that was a ton of money that went in the middle. would do it the same again. sets put chips like crazy in the middle and you are ahead of them unless the board pairs. i think you played it perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a situation where I flopped the nut-flush (ace high). An opponent flopped the king-high flush and get called the whole way (with no 4th spade). I was thinking that I should have made more money on the hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-08-2005, 11:57 AM
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JerseyTom
09-08-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree that this is a decent spot for a limp re-raise. I'll sometimes raise this against a weak limper preflop if the blinds and those behind me are tight (doesn't appear to be the case here, though).

I think this line is fine against these opponents with the 2nd nuts. Button is a freakin maniac (AF of 2.2 with that high a VPIP and PFR is just insane) and SB slowed down on the river, so he knows his set or T-high flush is probably no good. Unless UTG is completely retarded (and this is always a possbility), he's usually chasing with a naked Ah or maybe 2 pair hoping to fill up.

Nice hand.

Tom

TemetNosce
09-08-2005, 01:25 PM
I think you played this pretty well.

I like the limp-reraise suggested by others because of the 3 players that you posted stats on. If you catch the right flop, those folks are going to be pumping money into the pot. If you don't catch the right flop, then you can easily get away from this.

FWIW, I'd go as low as T9s on a limp reraise with this lineup.