PDA

View Full Version : Why are there links to cheating sites on Clonie Gowen's website?

09-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Am I missing something here? Are these for real, or are they a joke? If they are for real, why does she have links to them on her website?
web page (http://www.cloniegowen.com/)

Easy E
09-08-2005, 11:31 AM
I think that's a poor choice on her part.

09-08-2005, 11:34 AM
There's one on the bottom about seeing your opponents cards in online poker.

shish
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
It looks like a Google Adsense block. You can't always pick exactly what ads show up, although I think there is a way to block them.

SoftcoreRevolt
09-08-2005, 03:32 PM
None of the cheating sites support Full Tilt, so she is just showing how every other site on the internet is rigged.

Clearly.

Kyle Stark
09-08-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like a Google Adsense block. You can't always pick exactly what ads show up, although I think there is a way to block them.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.google.com/services/adsense_tour/

Contextual Filter
Eliminate delivery of ads that would be inappropriate to serve on pages

chucksim
09-08-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my local papers has Adsense blocks on their pages. They did a story about a bust of people who were growing a huge amount of pot. All the ads on the page were for sites that helped you get supplies to grow weed, etc. Funny stuff.

Dynasty
09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that's a poor choice on her part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doubting it's her choice. Above the ads, it says Ads by Goooooogle. It's possible, Glowen is having her site hosted by someone else who controls the ads.

benkahuna
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
I've seen other examples of this irony in advertising. Such is the problem with taking keywords out of context.

I knew someone that had a political blog on blogspot that had a leftist slant so before the election she had all these Bush/Cheney ads on her blog.

CardSharpCook
09-09-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I knew someone that had a political blog on blogspot that had a leftist slant so before the election she had all these Bush/Cheney ads on her blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

....because the left wanted to elect Bush?

nmt09
09-09-2005, 04:29 AM
It's actually against googles TOS to have adsense ads on a gambling related site.