PDA

View Full Version : $.25-$.5, shorthanded bottom two

trigeek08
09-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Game was not overly aggressive for the number of players, 4 at the time of the hand. Villain in this hand typically plays higher limits, pushes most of the action during the night and is a consistant winner in the game.

$.25-$.5 NLHE 4-handed
Villain $20
Hero $33
SB $50
BB $80

Preflop dealt to hero 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain raises to $2.5, hero calls, sb folds, bb calls.

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets $2, villain raises to $10, hero...

I had been in a similar situation with villain before where the board was all one suit and he made a 3/4 pot bet when it was checked to him in lp on the flop when he held a small flush. His preflop raise of 5xbb tended to mean that he had big cards.

BobboFitos
09-08-2005, 11:09 AM
given stacks dump this preflop.

on the flop i'd probably (if somehow i wound up there..) call and get the other half of my stack in on a non ten or diamond.

orange
09-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Neither you or your opponents have deep enough stacks to play this. Dump it PF.

Stealthy
09-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Easy fold IMO. If you are not behind already, which is likely, you are in deep trouble if another diamond comes. Even if he has just one overpair if he has a diamond he has a good redraw to beat you, and that is best case.

Should have folded pre-flop though.

trigeek08
09-08-2005, 02:36 PM
How deep do the stacks need to be to make calling here pf correct?

yvesaint
09-08-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How deep do the stacks need to be to make calling here pf correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the very minimum, you and your opponent should have 100 BBs. I still don't understand how Villain can be solid, play higher stakes, and both of you barely add up to 100 BBs.

trigeek08
09-08-2005, 03:14 PM
This hand was played at a home game where the max buy-in is $20, very strange, I know. He had just bought back in after a semi-bad beat. From what he says, he plays $1-$2 on Bodog.

trigeek08
09-08-2005, 04:26 PM
So, as if it wasn't obvious, I am total donk in these situations. I misread villains reraise and I moved in over the top. The bb folded and villain insta-called with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Thank you all for the help. I will take note and try to work on this donk problem I seem to have.