PDA

View Full Version : Are we paying off all the time here?

flair1239
09-08-2005, 10:25 AM
5/10

Hero is MP1 w/ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Button villian is a reasonable player 21/9/2

CO is an aggressive donkey type; although can play a bit post flop. Likes to bring a lot of pressure, kind of fun to play against, in that he seems to think on some level and be more observant than average. One of those players, that I think could probably be a winner if they took the game seriously.

PF: Hero raises, CO CC, Button CC, BB calls.

Flop: (4 players) (8.4SB) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB Checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Button calls, BB folds, , Hero 3-bets, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3 players) (8.5BB) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, CO folds, Button calls

River: (2 players) (10.5BB) 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, hero calls

Alternate ending Hero bets, Button raises, hero...

So how about these situations?

For additional discussion: What situations would you toss on the river to a obvious made draw for one bet?; I am thinking maybe a multi-way river situation...?

The reason I am asking is because there are many times (especially against certain player types where it is so evident that the draw has been made) It seems a waste of hand reading, to constantly payoff.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif so yeah I payed off some draws last night, none of them came as a suprise, and a few of them were against very passive players... but they were HU... just looking for general opinons... not a lecture in poker theory (if I want that I will reread TOP), I want to here your specific ideas and thoughts on how you treat these situations.

09-08-2005, 10:43 AM
hmm, in this example i wouldnt count that hes on a flush draw, since he raised you on the flop. if i see a raise like this i tend to think he is trying to protect his hand.
but i know exactly what you are going thru. everytime you are shown a flush in these situations its like "omg, i knew it, why would i even bet", but i think you are still good a majority of the time.

MaxPower
09-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Heads-up with a player like this it would be criminal to fold.

Where you could think about folding: In a multiway pot where you need to overcall. In multiway pot where a sane player who has been cold-calling wakes up and bets the river. Among others.

I won't lecture you on pot size.

Bluffoon
09-08-2005, 10:56 AM
So you need to be good one time in ten here? I call this every time.

I don't know that I would bet this river, because I can't imagine being called often enough by a hand that I can beat to justify it, but if I did it would be with the intention of calling the raise.

Multi way I would fold unless the bettor was very aggressive and a known bluffer.