PDA

View Full Version : High IQ'ers,what........

09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
For those of you who have a high IQ, what in your life is affected? What do you find easier? Do you find anything harder? Also, as a clarification, if you have a high IQ in a specific area, but not in general ie. you took an IQ test and scored 100 on all sections but one, the one having the score of 180 let's say, that counts too.

I'll go first. I'm pretty sure my IQ is around 120-125.
Not "really" high, but it still sets me apart from the normal crowd.

What do I find easier? Philosophy,reading comprehension and nuances of literature. I was always the best speller through sixth grade, but around the 9th grade my performance slacked off due to the subjects requiring effort, and me being "pathologically" lazy. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/grin.giflol.

Do I find anything harder? Relating to other people, although alot of that probably doesn't have anything to do with intelligence, a part of it does. For example, every low wage job I get, I have a hard time relating to the people, because I'm not a sports guy, and whenever I bring up some science thing, or philosophy thing(because that's what I'm into) no one even has an opinion. And you might think it's that they just don't want to talk about that stuff, and that may be true, but there's a difference between not wanting to talk about something, and never having thought about it in the first place.
Also, another thing I don't like dealing with people is that there isn't a defined constant. I never know what people are thinking, they react in illogical ways, and they are very confusing to me. I wish interacting with people was more like math.

And another thing I notice is that I go to the library alot, and most people think that going to the library is strange.(not that the library is completely about having a higher IQ,but I'm sure there's a correlation) I was walking home from the library one day. When I arrived home, my cousin asked me where I'd been, and I said "the library".
She got a quizzical look on her face, and asked "why would you go to the library?" like it had never occured to her to go.

Anyways, I hope I get some good replies, and maybe even Sklansky will reply, although it seems he ignores most of my other posts, and he posts subjective questions that there's no answer to, but anyway.

All Hail Shooby

kitaristi0
09-08-2005, 10:16 AM
I am the king of minesweeper. I'm pretty sure my high IQ has sth to do with that /images/graemlins/cool.gif

09-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Not me, I don't even understand the rules.lol.
Shooby

Darryl_P
09-08-2005, 10:32 AM
For me the positives are:

1) Being able to make a decent living with relatively minimal effort

2) Getting much better chicks than my charm (pretty much zero) and physical attributes (only slightly better than average) would yield.

3) Having a high level of personal freedom and security, basically being a one-man sovereign state almost.

The major negative is the lack of people with whom I can relate in anything more than a superficial way. Those whose IQs are similar to or higher than mine tend not to value autonomy so much and for the most part are acting as cogs in a large machine without getting too concerned about it. This is the main reason I hang out on these forums -- some posters here are closer to my line of thinking than anyone I meet on a day-to-day basis.

chezlaw
09-08-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am the king of minesweeper. I'm pretty sure my high IQ has sth to do with that /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No you [censored] well aren't. I'll take you on for a small sum.

If anyone wants to play high stakes Microsoft pinball then let me know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chez

09-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Anyone else. It's not a bad question.
Shooby

theben
09-08-2005, 05:46 PM
you should also ask this question for people with low IQs and see what they find tough. Make sure you ask in a very rude manner, like "hey moron, why are you. . . ."

09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Pros:
Able to be lazy and have plenty of social time at school, 6th form and uni, because by choosing largly mathematical subjects minimum hours were required.
(this gave me plenty of time to perfect poker while doing my finance degree)

Cons:
People always acuse you of being patronising. Often when in a pub explaining why they are wrong about something.

DarrenX
09-08-2005, 06:24 PM
IQ 140ish. I'm an excellent Ms. Pac Man player.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
09-08-2005, 06:30 PM
i know exactly what my IQ is and it is rather high. However, over the years i think ive become dumber. must be all the drinking.