PDA

View Full Version : Aces played poorly [100nl 6max party]

09-08-2005, 09:00 AM
I know i should have probably bet the turn harder, but is there anyway i could have played the river differently when i got there?

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=121973

Jocke_F
09-08-2005, 09:51 AM
unless you know he is habitual bluffer you need to fold to his riverbet, what in the world would he suddenly decide to bet 35$ on the river with when he has bet-called flop and check called turn that you beat? and raise more preflp

Dommer
09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Make it 4-5 pre-flop, reraise his flop bet to pot size. For example if you raised 4 pre, reraise him to 10-11$ on the flop after he bets 1$. A bet like this is usually a weak hand or a draw or rarely a monster, you need to find out which. If he calls the flop bet, bet near pot on the turn. At this point if he called the turn bet I would most likely have him on a draw, if he suddenly comes alive on that river fold.

UOPokerPlayer
09-08-2005, 03:30 PM
You played them weakly preflop, flop and turn it looks like. The weak lead from this guys means he's trying to buy a cheap card, don't let him. I'm done when he calls my turn bet and especially when the river makes it a four straight. River is a time when you have to let go of the aces, as hard as that may be.

wall_st
09-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Pre flop make it 4, Flop make it at least 8, Pot the turn.

I think the turn is your biggest mistake in this hand, you gave him nearly 3:1 to outdraw you.

If your opponent is still around after all of that then leads out with that bet on the river, it becomes a much clearer fold I believe. But I am donk and might have called.

The_Missile
09-08-2005, 06:19 PM
You have to raise pre-flop to at least 4, if not 5, and since it's NL100, probably even 6.

What I don't like at all was the size of your flop raise. You have to raise it to 8 or 10, beause he's flopped the open-ended straight draw.

And then the turn- pot it. Maybe even put a little more on the pot. It's obvious that he didn't hit the set, or else you probably would have been re-raised after the flop. His check-call leads me to believe that he's not willing to give up a lot of his stack to chase the draw, so if you pot it, that will probably induce a fold.