PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity of believing in past lives or reincarnation

tek
09-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Reincarnation is just a desperate hope for the multitude who are afraid of their mortality and failures. There is no proof that it is a real phenomena.

Belief in past lives is equally illogical since we have no memory of those lives. For past lives to be a beneficial phenomena, we should be able to remember those lives and the successes and failures we had in those past lives.

If we did have past lives, they were a waste.

My premise therefore is to focus on the present and do our best, but not focus on some crap written in religious texts JUST because you think it will get you somewhere when you die. Focus on them if you will because they are guides to living the right way in this lifetime because this lifetime is the only thing we know.

thatpfunk
09-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks, you solved it!

I'll go let all the people who believe in reincarnation know that you figured it out and they can stop believing it now. I am sure it will be a weight off their minds.

tek
09-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey, I figured I would get a head start today on solving problems /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I like to share, man. I mean Skuhlansky shouldn't be solving philosophy problems unaided, right?