PDA

View Full Version : preflop situations I run into on steal defense

brazilio
09-08-2005, 07:21 AM
I keep running into this situation frequently, and it's kind of bugging me.

Hero has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB.

Lots of folds. MP3, CO, or Button open raises. Usually a TAGish type. Loose button or SB semicoldcalls/coldcalls.
Coldcaller is usually fishy.

Now hands I'd normally be defending with I'm a little perplexed with how to play. How low should I be going for my changed defense? I've been folding most of my defending hands, playing perhaps 35% of hands. T9o/T8s,JTo/J9s,QTo/Q8s,K8o/K7s,A6o/Axs or better and all pocket pairs, but I dunno what ranges I should be looking at.

What happens if the coldcaller is an also frequent player but with more TAGish stats, like a 27/13/1.2 sLAP?

I think this only really happens at 2/4 or below, I didn't notice many situations like this when I was playing 3/6 and 5/10 full.

Nick Royale
09-08-2005, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
T9o/T8s,JTo/J9s,QTo/Q8s,K8o/K7s,A6o/Axs

[/ QUOTE ]
Without counting, this must be less that 30%. Still, unless you have a good read saying this is a frequent stealer (stealing 35%+) I think the range is a bit wide...
Have you read this (http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archives/jason-pohl05.htm)?

brazilio
09-08-2005, 08:43 AM
I haven't read that, thanks. My defending hands are rather high, I think I was just being overconservative in 3-way situations.

Most of the opponents I run into I have less than 500 hands on, and it takes quite a long time to get useful steal stats on.