PDA

View Full Version : How many house cats could take out a lion?

diebitter
09-08-2005, 07:01 AM
I'd say about 70

I'd pay to see it though.

TheTROLL
09-08-2005, 07:18 AM
You're having a laugh! I'll give you 10-1 against your stupid 70 moggies. And the lion would still be hungry.

diebitter
09-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Yah, on reflection, it's a dumb number. I'm changing my estimate to 300.

gabbahh
09-08-2005, 07:27 AM
The idea of a bunch of small kittens taking on a lion made me laugh.
Would make a great Disney movie.
Lion King the final chapter:
The pussy cat gang strikes back!

TheTROLL
09-08-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm liking 300 a lot better. Put me down for a ringside seat.

axioma
09-08-2005, 07:47 AM
i dont think any number of house cats could take a lion.

Toro
09-08-2005, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. House cats wouldn't attack the lion. So how could they win?

diebitter
09-08-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. House cats wouldn't attack the lion. So how could they win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right, they'd be pussies.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, hypothetically, how many if they really, really had to?

axioma
09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
thier teeth/claws would not be able to penetrate the lions skin anyway (im guessing here, im not an expert in lion - house cat combat).

diebitter
09-08-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
their teeth/claws would not be able to penetrate the lions skin anyway (im guessing here, im not an expert in lion - house cat combat).

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, let's give em steel claws and teeth in the interests of research.

Slow Play Ray
09-08-2005, 09:04 AM
How about this then: how many housecats could YOU take? For the sake of argument, let's say none of them are declawed.

diebitter
09-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Not even one - I hate cats.

Vavavoom
09-08-2005, 09:13 AM
80...House Cats aren't pack animals.....

Few balls of string and I'm roundhousing these MOFO's...

TheTROLL
09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Sounds about right... probably get a bit scratched up, but each well-placed kick would despatch several of them, so I'm not too concerned if less than 100 want to take me on.

Shajen
09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Are they angry housecats?

Slow Play Ray
09-08-2005, 09:41 AM
they're completely bullsh*t.

Lazymeatball
09-08-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thier teeth/claws would not be able to penetrate the lions skin anyway (im guessing here, im not an expert in lion - house cat combat).

[/ QUOTE ]

Their teeth and claws would most definitely be able to penetrate a lions skin. However there is no amount of housecats that could take on a lion, simply because as you increase the number of housecats, you increase the amount of infighting between housecats. Most cats hate other cats they are not familiar with, at least the type of cats that fight lions anyway.

09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
80...House Cats aren't pack animals.....

Few balls of string and I'm roundhousing these MOFO's...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just interupted lecture LOLing

OCW

09-08-2005, 09:59 AM
It would only take two house cats. The first one gets wraped in C4 and lets the lion eat him the second plays with a ball of string with the C4 detonator in it. BLAAAAMMM no more big pussy

stigmata
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
If we stipulated 1)Large ferile cats 2)Directly attacking the lion, not each other, then perhaps several hundred could take it down.

(Healthy) wild cats are hard as nails.

I think a human could be overwhelmed quite quickly by a pack of house cats. I wouldn't like to take on more than 30 determined cats.

09-08-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a human could be overwhelmed quite quickly by a pack of house cats. I wouldn't like to take on more than 30 determined cats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS. I have a shotgun and I'm the one with thumbs that can open cans of cat food.

PocketJokers72
09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say about 70

I'd pay to see it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the appropriate kittens to midgets equivalency? 42 Midgets tried this in Cambodia and they got stomped.

Lion 28, Midgets 0 (http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm)

<font color="white">Yes, I know its fake. </font>

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I concur. This is even more lopsided than the 5 year olds fight.

Shajen
09-08-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I concur. This is even more lopsided than the 5 year olds fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on! Like 4 Bajillion house cats could take a lion so easily.

stigmata
09-08-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS. I have a shotgun and I'm the one with thumbs that can open cans of cat food.

[/ QUOTE ]

All we have is the shirt on our back. This is the only fair fight.

Have you ever been attacked by a cat? They are fast, agile, and can draw blood very easily. I have scars from just playing with one of my cats.

Honestly, a fury of cats would be pretty awesome, you would have some pretty serious blood flow problems fairly quickly. I said I wouldn't like to take on more than 30. I think 100 and I would be in mortal danger.

TheTROLL
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Exactly. It can't be that there is no amount of cats that could. 4 Bajillion could work in 4x6hr shifts of a Bajillion each. The big fella has got to sleep at some point. When he does, there's a Bajillion fresh, rested housecats ready to pounce.

2+2 wannabe
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly not the correct answer

Shajen
09-08-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. It can't be that there is no amount of cats that could. 4 Bajillion could work in 4x6hr shifts of a Bajillion each. The big fella has got to sleep at some point. When he does, there's a Bajillion fresh, rested housecats ready to pounce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a lot of pussy...cats.

Los Feliz Slim
09-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Olive says she will take all of you. One at a time, or all at once. She'll pass on the lion, though.
http://home.earthlink.net/~akamikeabrams/closeup2.jpg

Vavavoom
09-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Miaaaaaaaaaaaaooooow

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a lot of pussy...cats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Filip
09-08-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Olive says she will take all of you. One at a time, or all at once. She'll pass on the lion, though.
http://home.earthlink.net/~akamikeabrams/closeup2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn she looks evil, ill pass on that.

09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

All we have is the shirt on our back. This is the only fair fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the cats get thick fur and claws and I don't get a shot gun? Ok I got it worked out, I'll kill two cats quickly( think head squeeze) then tie their tails and use them as nunchucks. I can now take out upto 143 cats at one time and ambush the 42 midgets and lion and be the ultimate champ!

SomethingClever
09-08-2005, 11:48 AM

oops.

So far.

steelcmg
09-08-2005, 12:18 PM
The better question is how many 5 year olds would it take to take out a lion?

diebitter
09-08-2005, 12:21 PM
I suspect if you gave em power rangers outfits and a few samurai swords, give em something with lotsa E numbers and let em watch power rangers on a huge TV with the sound up for 30 minutes beforehand, about 20 should do it, easy

TheTROLL
09-08-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
about 20 should do it, easy

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying a five year old, filled with food additives, is as good a prospect as 0.2 Bajillion housecats against a lion? I'm having trouble believing that, Power Rangers outfit or not.

wtfsvi
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I think one would need more (unequipped) 5-year olds than cats actually.

diebitter
09-08-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
about 20 should do it, easy

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying a five year old, filled with food additives, is as good a prospect as 0.2 Bajillion housecats against a lion? I'm having trouble believing that, Power Rangers outfit or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I'd bet on the 5 year olds if they're suitably hyped up and given decent swords. They don't care.

bravos1
09-08-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.....then tie their tails and use them as nunchucks. I can now take out upto 143 cats at one time and ambush the 42 midgets and lion and be the ultimate champ!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now were getting somewhere! Improvisation is a must in these dire situations!

bravos1
09-08-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most cats hate other cats they are not familiar with, at least the type of cats that fight lions anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous study? Folks, I think we have an expert in our midst.

chuddo
09-08-2005, 02:36 PM
i think about 530 or so.

eventually the lion would get so full from eating a ton of cats that it would just want to sleep.

there is also the possibility that in devouring all of therse cats it could choke on one of them.
http://www.demochoice.org/img/zoo/lion.jpg
vs.
http://www.tam-lin.org/images/pets/deitrich.jpg

pokerdirty
09-08-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think about 530 or so.

eventually the lion would get so full from eating a ton of cats that it would just want to sleep.

there is also the possibility that in devouring all of therse cats it could choke on one of them.
http://www.demochoice.org/img/zoo/lion.jpg
vs.
http://www.tam-lin.org/images/pets/deitrich.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. you should have made the pictures to scale. that black kitten looks PISSED!

09-08-2005, 05:47 PM
No, the best question is how many cats to take out a 5 year old?

swede123
09-08-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, the best question is how many cats to take out a 5 year old?

[/ QUOTE ]

My cat (well, technically my wife's but I clean up it's poop so I claim the little fucker) can usually give me a pretty good fight when she's in one of her moods. I figure I can handle a few dozen five year olds, so I imagine the cat can handle 12 five year olds without much of a problem.

Swede

Dantes
09-08-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't like to take on more than 30 determined cats.

[/ QUOTE ]

30 is insanity. I personally would likely take 5ish. More than that attack you at once and your soft tissues would go down quickly and you'd black out. Cats will RIP out your flesh easily. 10 grown non declawed housecats attack anyone and they're dead.

bravos1
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't like to take on more than 30 determined cats.

[/ QUOTE ]

30 is insanity. I personally would likely take 5ish. More than that attack you at once and your soft tissues would go down quickly and you'd black out. Cats will RIP out your flesh easily. 10 grown non declawed housecats attack anyone and they're dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
So true.. we ended up getting our cat declawed because he kept f'ing my wife up!

Lazymeatball
09-08-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most cats hate other cats they are not familiar with, at least the type of cats that fight lions anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous study? Folks, I think we have an expert in our midst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal experience from working in an animal hospital and dealing with some pretty nasty cats.

Sephus
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cats will RIP out your flesh easily. 10 grown non declawed housecats attack anyone and they're dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're going a little too far here.

swede123
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cats will RIP out your flesh easily. 10 grown non declawed housecats attack anyone and they're dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was allowed to pick the worst 10 out of a sample of say, 10 cats I bet he'd find some that were vicious and meanspirited enough to kill a person.

Swede

Los Feliz Slim
09-08-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My cat is a housecat, but lived on the street for 1+ years prior to moving in with us. While she lived outside I personally witnessed her keep a hungry coyote determined to eat her at bay. Her claws are enormous and razor-sharp, and she's very large, fast, and strong.

If she were royally pissed at somebody she would really do some serious damage. I've seen her maul my wife just for fun. With her and 9 more like her I really don't think a person would have a chance.

Sephus
09-08-2005, 07:19 PM
ive had big, aggressive cats before too. one was so bad i had to have him put down. ive been bitten and scratched pretty bad too. i don't doubt that 10 big, mean cats could kill a person, i take issue with saying they could kill anyone. especially if the person is wearing jeans, is quick/strong, etc.

Hamish McBagpipe
09-08-2005, 07:34 PM
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2515/j4an.png

jba
09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
ok who's got the video of the animal control dude with a cat on the leash that just freaks the F out and claws up his leg and attaches to his sack. that guy had a hell of a time getting that one cat under control, clearly took some flesh wounds, and was encountering severe pain. watch that video and tell me that guy would be able to handle that x10, no freaking way.

Hamish McBagpipe
09-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Might be this:

pinky the cat (http://www.askmen.com/video/2004_nov/nov15_pinky_cat.html)

Sephus
09-08-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok who's got the video of the animal control dude with a cat on the leash that just freaks the F out and claws up his leg and attaches to his sack. that guy had a hell of a time getting that one cat under control, clearly took some flesh wounds, and was encountering severe pain. watch that video and tell me that guy would be able to handle that x10, no freaking way.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. that cat had a leash that wrapped around his leg, complicating the problem.

2. he doesn't want to hurt it. that makes a big difference.

(edit: 3. it's harder to kill a man than you think.)

Los Feliz Slim
09-08-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(edit: 3. it's harder to kill a man than you think.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that's something I didn't think of. The cats would probably stop once you were subdued. If you didn't receive medical attention you might bleed to death, but I'm not sure that the initial attack would actually kill you, and the cats might not finish you off once you were in a coma.

Hamish McBagpipe
09-08-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
several hundred could take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-08-2005, 11:41 PM
A thousand probably. Once lion paw swipe could easily kill as many housecats as there are in its way. The lion is only losing when it runs out of steam.