PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea....

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 06:47 AM
So we're sitting in the wife's minivan at the mall the other day and she asks my 3-1/2 year old son something in the backseat to which he responds, "I don't have no idea what you're talking about, bitch." Then while we sit there staring at him, he says it several more times to emphasize to Mom & Pops that he's learned a new word.

While hilarious now, this was not funny at the time but it did tell me three things:

1. My 3-1/2 year old's grammar is terrible.
2. I need to stop using my 00t phraseology around the house.
3. He's picking up inappropriate words outside the home since bitch is not a word I ever use.

Anyway, given the [censored] I get over my use of, "I have no idea what you're talking about, " I thought someone might find this humorous.

speirs
09-08-2005, 06:52 AM
This is so [censored] funny!

speirs
09-08-2005, 06:54 AM
I have young 2 kids of my own who on occasion talk smack. You have to punish them at that moment of course but afterwards it always makes me laugh.

MrTrik
09-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Sounds like he'll be contributing to OOT in no time at all.

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 06:58 AM
He actually had no idea what he said was even bad. It was just so innocent. You can't really punish him for learning new words. Hell, he even used it correctly. He just didn't know it was inappropriate.

speirs
09-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Yes I know exactly what you mean. It's not really punishment, but you tell them not to use that word anymore.

"Because it is [censored] not a [censored] word you can [censored] use!"

Or something like that.

Toro
09-08-2005, 07:21 AM
My Grandson is 18 months old. I better start watching myself. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Are we talking about the shrimp girl's brother?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

My niece and nephew cuss. Their parents think it's funny. I think it's annoying. Nip this in the bud.

Bluffoon
09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
When my son was about that age he got mad at me. So he is standing toe to toe with me, giving me a piece of his mind and while he is doing this he is wagging his finger in my face.

So I am trying not to laugh at him while he is voicing his concerns and all I can think is "damn thats annoying I have to stop doing that".

Kids are great.

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about the shrimp girl's brother?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

09-08-2005, 08:07 AM
is he as cute as the shrimp girl? Cause if he is you've got some damn cute genes in you.

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is he as cute as the shrimp girl? Cause if he is you've got some damn cute genes in you.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is and thank you.

tek
09-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Remember Art Linkletter's old show where he talked to kids?

asofel
09-08-2005, 09:58 AM
hahahaha....pretty soon he'll be asking for pics /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember Art Linkletter's old show where he talked to kids?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what did it for me. Picturing Jake sitting down having a conversation with these two kids and then his son busting out that line.

tbach24
09-08-2005, 10:33 AM
My dad was sitting in the back seat with my 2nd cousin who's like 2 1/2. In the front seats are my aunt and my cousin (who is the dad). My dad is talking with the kid and then all of a sudden the kid goes "that's my dad, I'm going to cut his head off." then he turns to the aunt and says "that's my aunt, i'm going to cut her head off." after about 30 seconds he then turns to my dad who he doesnt really know yet and says "i'm going to cut your head off."

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My dad was sitting in the back seat with my 2nd cousin who's like 2 1/2. In the front seats are my aunt and my cousin (who is the dad). My dad is talking with the kid and then all of a sudden the kid goes "that's my dad, I'm going to cut his head off." then he turns to the aunt and says "that's my aunt, i'm going to cut her head off." after about 30 seconds he then turns to my dad who he doesnt really know yet and says "i'm going to cut your head off."

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds like the beginning of a really bad horror movie.

asofel
09-08-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds like the beginning of a really bad horror movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://yuchtar.users4.50megs.com/Gallery/Bruce_aod.jpg

09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
this is freakin funny...and since I don't have any children, I can have fun with these kinds of situations. In fact, I take pride in teaching my niece new words...the latest was skank,as in, "Your barbie is a skank because she is not wearing panties." Needless to say, my brother was not pleased with her new vocabulary.

Shajen
09-08-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is freakin funny...and since I don't have any children, I can have fun with these kinds of situations. In fact, I take pride in teaching my niece new words...the latest was skank,as in, "Your barbie is a skank because she is not wearing panties." Needless to say, my brother was not pleased with her new vocabulary.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an [censored] move.

09-08-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an [censored] move.

[/ QUOTE ]ya i'm sure my kids will be really bad when i have some....oh well; the anger it causes my brother is priceless.

Shajen
09-08-2005, 11:04 AM
If you were anything like me growing up, your parents cursed you to have kids "just like you".

I shiver at the thought.

09-08-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were anything like me growing up, your parents cursed you to have kids "just like you".

I shiver at the thought.

[/ QUOTE ] i couldn't be so lucky to have children like me....I was the baby girl my parents always wanted...

offTopic
09-08-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then while we sit there staring at him, he says it several more times to emphasize to Mom & Pops that he's learned a new word.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. He's just inflating his post count at this point.

CrazyEyez
09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
My wife cut me off from watching Family Guy when my daughter's in the room when she hit about 18 months. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

CrazyEyez
09-08-2005, 11:13 AM
So did you ask him what he wants from Taco Bell?

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So did you ask him what he wants from Taco Bell?

[/ QUOTE ]

He likes the chicken quesadilla. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then while we sit there staring at him, he says it several more times to emphasize to Mom & Pops that he's learned a new word.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. He's just inflating his post count at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niiiiice! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
i couldn't be so lucky to have children like me....I was the baby girl my parents always wanted...

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell people my kids are living proof there's no such thing as karma. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i couldn't be so lucky to have children like me....I was the baby girl my parents always wanted...

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell people my kids are living proof there's no such thing as karma. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait about 10-15 years and hope your daughter's a late bloomer.

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way she eats, we won't have to worry about any boys coming around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way she eats, we won't have to worry about any boys coming around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice.

steelcmg
09-08-2005, 11:32 AM
My buddy told me about this time when him and his wife where at the store and there 3 year old saw this big black guy and said daddy thats one big nigger. My buddy said it took all he had to not start busting out laughing because they where watching some movie the night before and they thought there son was sleeping but i guess he wasnt.

WDC
09-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Reminds me when my then 3 year old walked into daycare and siad we would have been here sooner but some (naughty word starting w F) dipshit almost ran us off the road.

I now refer to all drivers who piss me off as Sparky.

STLantny
09-08-2005, 11:55 AM
This is why I am not ready for parenthood there is NO WAY POSSIBLE, I could keep a straight face under that circumstance, in fact, I might of high fived him.

gorie
09-08-2005, 01:05 PM
when i was little i was playing barbies with my sister and my barbie called her barbie a bastard. i don't remember the context but i'm sure it was funny.

i didn't know it was bad, but my sister (whose older) was like "you can't say that!" and then my mom was like "you shouldn't use that word" or something, she didn't make a big deal out of it if anything i think everyone thought it was funny. and i got embarrassed and cried. i think i had heard it in a movie.

i am still traumatized !

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
I can top that one.

When I was a little kid on summer break from school, I was up late watching some western with my dad when someone called someone a whore. I asked my dad what a whore is and he said it's "a not very lady-like woman". Alright. Fast-forward to two days later, my sister and I are in this Salvation Army summer camp on a road trip in a van with two SA churchy type adults and about 12 other kids. Someone two rows up mentions how my little sister is really good at baseball (or teeball, whatever). I saw my opportunity to show off my vocabulary and use what I thought was a clever word for tomboy and blurted out "yeah, she's a real whore!" The Salvation Army van came to a screeching halt and I was given a few words by the pastor guy driving. I felt shame, but then we got to the water park, so it was all good.

gorie
09-08-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can top that one.

When I was a little kid on summer break from school, I was up late watching some western with my dad when someone called someone a whore. I asked my dad what a whore is and he said it's "a not very lady-like woman". Alright. Fast-forward to two days later, my sister and I are in this Salvation Army summer camp on a road trip in a van with two SA churchy type adults and about 12 other kids. Someone two rows up mentions how my little sister is really good at baseball (or teeball, whatever). I saw my opportunity to show off my vocabulary and use what I thought was a clever word for tomboy and blurted out "yeah, she's a real whore!" The Salvation Army van came to a screeching halt and I was given a few words by the pastor guy driving. I felt shame, but then we got to the water park, so it was all good.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nice.!