PDA

View Full Version : JTo in low limit hold-em

takin
04-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Ladies & Gents,

I am a *very* new hold-em player, and I've been studying Lee Jones low limit hold-em strategies. I'm picking up most of it, but while trying to memorize the pre-flop play recomendations, I noticed that he recomends playing JTo in mid position, but not late position... Couldn't find an email for him, and wanted to know if anyone could help enlighten me... Thank you!

ta

Paul Talbot
04-25-2003, 04:41 PM
I don't have the Jones book in front of me, but my guess is that you've misunderstood his notation. In late position, if T9o is playable then JTo is also playable, but not listed specifically.

It may also be that the mid position recomendation is to limp with it after several limpers but that in late position to not play it if you are first to act.

Regards,

Paul Talbot

CrackerZack
04-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Lee posts here under the name LeeJones (shocking!) so you can PM him if you want also.

unome
04-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Great question. Been a while since I broke out the informative Jones book, but that was always a question I had but never gort around to asking. As Lee will tell you, there are no hard a fast rules to most of his writings, but he does seem to state that J-10o is playable from MP and not LP. Id like a clarification on this as well.

New or old player, one can never stop learning stuff! Thanks.