PDA

View Full Version : Lucky chances and tells

msk
04-25-2003, 02:18 PM
I was surprised by the tells given off by some of the people at the final table on the World Poker Tour show this past week from Lucky Chances. The Reno vulture capitalist guy made disgusted faces with his monster for about a minute before a big reraise over Hellmuth; even I would have folded in Hellmuth's seat. Real beginner stuff.

Hellmuth's talk gives away too much, he should shut his mouth when he is in a hand with good players: This stuff probably helps to get him to a final table with weak players, but geez, it has to hurt him with good players. The 'please call' talk was a dead giveaway although it didn't matter what he said, he was in a bad spot once he went all-in.

Both Chris and Mad Magician guy had less obvious tells, but when they moved around a lot when calling or raising, they gave stuff away...

Seemed to me that only Burgio (although he was shown much less) and Paul had some control, and especially Paul was hard to read; same demeanor and expression all the time. And I know he had a big lead, but he played very solidly
nonetheless.

Mark

RiverMel
04-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Bigler's eyebrow twitched on a number of occaisions when waiting for an opponent's reaction when he made big bets with lousy values.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-25-2003, 04:10 PM
When Phil said "please call," he actually wanted the magician to call. 4 handed, KJ on the button is HUGE. I can easily see Phil's comment getting a call from Kx or Q high.

Hey, Hellmuth can be annoying, but let's see who makes more final tables at the end of the year. My money's not on the magician.

RiverMel
06-02-2003, 07:23 PM
I disagree. KJ is worth less than the blinds, he probably really wanted a fold, unless he is WAY WAY confident about his flop + post-flop skills.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-03-2003, 08:43 AM
KJ on the button 4-handed worth less than the blinds? If I believe you believe that (and I'm not sure I do), I'll look forward to getting you shorthanded at the final table at KotZ II /forums/images/icons/cool.gif