PDA

View Full Version : AK hand - Late game

Scuba Chuck
09-08-2005, 03:28 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2535)
SB (t520)
BB (t1605)
UTG (t1265)
MP (t2075)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">UTG folds, MP is allin</font>.

The Yugoslavian
09-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Durrrrrrrrrrr?

http://people.freenet.de/tux_home_02/originalimages/Tux31_187_Sandy_Moelling.jpg

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
09-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Well, okay, that was really a lame excuse to post something to make sure this thread got off to a good start.

The allin is pretty fishy but depending on what I thought of the villian I could see myself folding or pushing. The more I think about it the more I actually like folding.

Yugoslav

EnderFFX
09-08-2005, 03:41 AM
I break my mouse with how quickly I hit call. For the typical games I play ($22-$33) I'm putting villian on or pocket pair. I'm willing to put him on AQ, AK, and 22-QQ. Hmmm, maybe you should just fold. I probably call anyway, because it is just so tempting to get into such a chip lead, with 2 decent stacks and one crappy one.

If you win this hand you can cost into top 2, by keeping the little stack alive. If you lose you still have a shot to make the money. I'm going for it.

bones
09-08-2005, 03:42 AM
I fold and bitch about it later. But I think folding is pretty clear here.

You're a good man, Yugo. And thorough.

The Yugoslavian
09-08-2005, 03:43 AM
If your range is 22+ and AQ+ then calling here is probably quite bad.

The thing is that your stack is just too huge to warrant even a straight up flip. Most of those chips you gain are superfluous for what you need to accomplish in the endgame anyway. Frankly I'd be much more gungho if the opposing stack was between 1k and 1.5k chips.

Yugoslav

Degen
09-08-2005, 03:46 AM
you didn't put the buyin, this is important...

33 i call for sure, 55+ i think for a bit and may call or fold...you also didn't mention any reads, which could help quite a bit here

edit: it just occurred to me that i'd probably fold this if i had time to think...no matter what he has, he is obviously a retard-and if the other big stack is an obvious retard, i like my chances w/ my chips...meaning this IS NOT an ICM problem because you have a large edge

EnderFFX
09-08-2005, 03:48 AM
I guess the other factor is that was I put my opponents on in worst case scenario, but it really is read dependant as well. It is possible to expand the range to AT+ and maybe KJ+. That type of bet screams that he doesn't want a call.

The other factor is, has that opponent raised all in the hand before? If he has I would fold this in a heartbeat. Often times someone pushes all in on a decent hand, and then catches a monster and does the exact same thing again hoping for a call.

You are right, if the only range I put him on is 22-QQ and AQ, AK then I should probably fold.

The Yugoslavian
09-08-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm not sure shorty will be around long enough for you to really optimally extract many more chips with your now big stack. Like I was saying, really you want to race AK here vs. a 1500 stack or so, when your big stack can still extract chips (it's not too saturated with chips) while leaving yourself with a very good shot at $$ and 1st anyway if you lose.

It's not an ICM problem persay but many of those chips you're racing for are *not* worth what they seem.

Yugoslav

Scuba Chuck
09-08-2005, 04:56 AM
$33 buyin

I think typically when you see a big stack move his whole stack into the center, he has a very narrow range of hands.

That range is 99-QQ, and AQ-AK. I am also excluding AA/KK from this analysis because I usually don't think those hands are played this way (although I have been proven wrong). There is also merit in thinking that hands like AJ and 77+ could also be included.

AK vs the first range has:
52% card equity.

AK vs the second range has:
54% card equity.

FWIW, I looked down, noticed I had more chips than villain, and said I'm gonna clobber this game and called. Villain showed me QQ.

kevstreet
09-08-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I looked down, noticed I had more chips than villain, and said I'm gonna clobber this game and called. Villain showed me QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you didn't improve?