PDA

View Full Version : Tens in the BB

Dubra
09-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Villain is like 8/0 over 28 hands. this is a fold right? im pretty sure i dont have him dominated. he has basically not played a hand in a while too...

thanks

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1350)
MP (t2190)
Button (t855)
SB (t1045)
Hero (t2560)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t100, SB RAISES ALL IN <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: t350

09-08-2005, 03:58 AM
I think you should call, unless you're are relly sure he has an overpair. You have him 2x covered.
Shooby

Xhad
09-08-2005, 04:06 AM
Buyin? That's important information, since it helps interpret the limps better.

Dubra
09-08-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Buyin? That's important information, since it helps interpret the limps better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry edit time expired.... $22

Xhad
09-08-2005, 04:22 AM
OK, so now the questions are:

-Are the limpers more likely to be in there with weak hands, or trapping?
-If they are on drawing hands, is the SB perceptive enough to realize this and push with a weak hand?

Dubra
09-08-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, so now the questions are:

-Are the limpers more likely to be in there with weak hands, or trapping?
-If they are on drawing hands, is the SB perceptive enough to realize this and push with a weak hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't read either limper for strength. In addition, I believe that the SB is a rock who just plays his cards and not the situation. I am just really unsure if I am ahead or behind here. given my chip stack, i decided i could find a better spot.... do you agree?

jmillerdls
09-08-2005, 05:13 AM
I looked at it the other way. Your chip stack gives you the ability to call this. If you take his chips, you are in prime position to win this tournament. You lose this hand, and it puts you right in the middle of the pack. I feel compelled to go for it.

Scuba Chuck
09-08-2005, 05:27 AM
Rather than trying to solve this with conversation, why not try and apply some math to it. Put SB on a hand range, and see how your card equity holds.

Xhad
09-08-2005, 06:51 AM
Running TT against the range (88+, ATs+, KTs+, AQo) in pokerstove makes hero vs. SB at a coinflip. Any tighter than that and hero is definitely an underdog; reducing the range to top 5% hands only (99+, AJs+, KQs+, AQo+) makes it 57-43 in villain's favor. If OP is calling the SB a "rock" I really can't see him pushing much worse than the looser range above, maybe 77, AJo, KJo, and KQo. With these hands hero is now a 53-47 favorite.

ICM-wise, if we assume that the limpers will always fold:

Fold: Hero has about $56 EV
Call and lose: Hero has about $40 EV (-16 compared to folding)
Call and win: Hero has about $73 EV (+17 compared to folding)

Fatdogs12
09-08-2005, 08:37 AM
I could be wrong but I think this hand is borderline. Thing is a lot of people could be pushing with 55-99 just because it's a good (+EV) push into the bb.

Xhad
09-08-2005, 12:53 PM
He's not pushing into just the BB, he's pushing into the BB and TWO limpers, one of which only has 7xBB if he folds.

45suited
09-08-2005, 01:01 PM
You're the bigstack. SB's push could be a very wide range of hands, most likely either two overs or an underpair.

I really think that this is a pretty routine push here. SB will have an underpair very often, IMO. Are you really that concerned that he is making this push with JJ+?

And the vast majority of the time, I wouldn't worry about those limpers. Regarding the SB, I think you're making a mistake if you just put him on big pairs here. Granted, you read him as a rock, but many underpairs to your TT push in this spot when they see all those juicy limpers out there.

schwza
09-08-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're the bigstack. SB's push could be a very wide range of hands, most likely either two overs or an underpair.

I really think that this is a pretty routine push here. SB will have an underpair very often, IMO. Are you really that concerned that he is making this push with JJ+?

And the vast majority of the time, I wouldn't worry about those limpers. Regarding the SB, I think you're making a mistake if you just put him on big pairs here. Granted, you read him as a rock, but many underpairs to your TT push in this spot when they see all those juicy limpers out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

uber-tighties do often wake up once the blinds get big, but the rarely do it with big pushes over 2 limpers. if he we just open-raising from the CO i'd be more inclined to believe that's got junk. i believe the PT stats - fold.

raptor517
09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not pushing into just the BB, he's pushing into the BB and TWO limpers, one of which only has 7xBB if he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

some people push looser into 2 limps cuz there is more dead money to steal.. keep that in mind. holla

45suited
09-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Like Raptor said, some people push looser precisely because of the two limpers.

Keep in mind, you are getting pot odds here as well. (Not great, but it certainly factors into the equation.) Now, the range of hands is obviously two overs OR a PP.

I think that the odds of SB having 66-99 is roughly equal (okay, prolly like 40-60) to the odds that he will have JJ-AA. Alot of players would try some cutesy mini-raise with AA, so I'm doubting that he has AA.

You have some pot odds and you're the bigstack. Even if you lose the hand, you're hardly crippled. I honestly believe that there is a good chance that the OP has the best hand here. To me, this is a push. Maybe I'm just used to playing 11s and 22s where I see people push all kinds of crap, but I'm overpushing here.