PDA

View Full Version : Catholism vs Protatantism??

09-08-2005, 02:54 AM
ok in this forum exactly what are you debating??
as to the question 'does God esist?' I would have to say yes due to the fact that the human brain in hardwired to believe in a higher power or existence, try reading "Why God Won't go Away" by Andrew Newberg, Eugene d'Aquili, and Vince Rause. How you percieve God would be a result of what you were or were not taught to believe, and as we know perception is reality. Have any of you ever read "Seven Masters One Path"? or for that matter have you read "A Course In Miracles" by the Foundation for Inner Peace? I also find "The Jesus Mysteries" and "Jesus and the Lost Goddess" to be very mind opening. These are just books that I have come across in my own personal quest for the truth, and I do believe that Jesus himself said to 'seek ye always for the truth'. Also has anyone ever heard of the gnostic gospels, such as the findings of the Naj Hammadi scrolls (the Gospel of Mary Magdeline is one of them along with the secret Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Phillip etc.) Yes I am a Christion because I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, but I also believe that every human soul that god ever created is of His being and that Christ was the first of a vast 'sonship' to which we all belong. I am personally working to find the Christ in me because for me that is the one real truth. In order to inherit the sonship along with Him i must strive to be to be as He was.

J. Stew
09-08-2005, 03:08 AM
So if God is inherent in everyone of us, then what is it that Christians and people of other religions seek to find in the Bible and at Church that isn't already apart of them?

09-08-2005, 03:11 AM
They are trying to find the cause of the seperation and learn how to get back home.