PDA

View Full Version : Flush and GS Straight draw on flop, how do u play it?

jzpiano14
09-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Only been at the table for 2 rounds, Villan plays more hands than he should but seems like an OK player

$50 NL Texas Hold'em Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: CO( $32.30 )
Seat 4: SB ( $54.12 )
Seat 5: BB ( $68.54 )
Seat 6: Hero( $50.60 )
Seat 1: MP ( $19.85 )
Seat 3: Villan( $137.93 )
SB posts small blind [$0.25].
BB posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero[ 6s 5s ]
Hero calls [$0.50].
MP folds.
CO folds.
Villan raises [$3].
SB folds.
BB folds.
Hero calls [$2.50].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2s, 3d, Qs ]Pot=6.75
Hero checks.
Villan bets [$5].
Hero raises [$15].

I thought here I could maybe take the pot from him, since a couple hands earlier he was the PFR and I checked he bet and I folded so I figured I would represent a bigger hand here
Villan is all-In.

This is where I know I'm behind but the pot is offering 2 to 1 on my money and I'm about 50/50 to win, at the time I knew it was a close call, so I made the call
Hero is all-In.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Flame away my friends, oh and don't jump me on the PF limp/call I have a thing for suited connectors.

xorbie
09-08-2005, 02:55 AM
Checkraising a draw is rarely a good play. The only two exceptions are:

(a) small enough stacks that check raise all in is not too massive an overbet

(b) big enough stacks that you villain's reraise allows you to 4-bet all in, or that if villain calls you don't end up with an uncomfortably large portion of your stack in the pot on a blank turn

jzpiano14
09-08-2005, 03:00 AM
So your saying that a 100BB stack is right in the middle of the two plays that would be correct..I usually don't play a draw this way, just did it to mix things up, needless to say this helped my table image greatly! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif