PDA

View Full Version : Two Live .50/.50 hands that confused me

09-08-2005, 02:29 AM
This hand occurred very early on in a .50/.50 game. My stack is ~$30, and villain covers:

Hero has 88 in mid position. Folds to me. Table appears to be pretty passive preflop, so I limp. Folds to button who calls, SB checks, BB raises $2. Calls around. My read on raiser from previous games is that he's very unaware of pot size (i.e. betting the correct amount, calling only with proper odds, etc.) and that his preflop play is very loose and clearly not thought out.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks
BB bets $4
Hero calls
Button folds
SB folds

Thoughts on flop play very welcome.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets $4
Hero raises to $10

My thoughts here are that his weak bet likely means the K scared him. I think that he won't notice how small the bet is to the pot, and may very well fold a T. There's also a chance that he was c-betting flop and turn and my hand is good. I very much doubt that he would have made such a weak bet if he'd c-bet the flop and hit the turn, so I rule that and two pair out.

BB calls.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks
Hero???

Honestly, I had absolutely no idea. I had two annoying thoughts: 1) my hand may be good and 2) his call on the turn could have been a stubborn T, but I don't know if he'll fold.

Hand 2:

I now have a VERY weak/tight image at a loose table. I take the blinds almost every time I raise preflop. Villain has shown the ability to make a stubborn call with a marginal hand on many occasions, and has been repeatedly commenting when I raise about how good my hand must be. Table is now 5-handed. Hero has $17 and villain covers.

Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero raises to $2
Folds to BB who says "I guess I'll play" and calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets $6
Hero?????

Advice and harsh criticism would be much appreciated. It's been a while since I played a ring game, and I think I really botched this one quite badly, so saying "you're an idiot, think a little" would help a lot.