PDA

View Full Version : stud 8 tourney hand -- when do you stop the aggression? (boring hand)

benneh
09-08-2005, 02:13 AM
havn't played much stud or stud 8 lately as i've been on a hot streak cashing for about 8k over the past few weeks in hold em tourneys. my game is a bit rusty, so i'm just checkin up.

you value bet the river here? how's 4th? the rest of the hand is amazingly standard and boring to me, but maybe you'll see something i didnt.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level II (25/50), Ante 5, Bring-In 10 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Seat 1: 1,378
Seat 2: 886
Seat 3: 1,944
Seat 4: 388
Seat 5: 1,759
Seat 6: 1,133
Hero: 1,743
Seat 8: 2,769

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (6.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street - (5.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

6th Street - (9.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

River - (11.80 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

Total pot: 11.80 BB

mscags
09-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Looks like an easy value bet on the river IMHO.

preiserone
09-08-2005, 02:25 AM
I like it all, I think you played it right, the bet on forth could go either way (check or bet), but i like the bet.

You're holding all of the low cards he's looking for, I just check and take this one down. There isnt much use in betting here unless you think he will call with some small 2pair or maybe kings against your paired door.

preiserone
09-08-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy value bet on the river IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
mscags is right, don't listen to me, hes got nothing that can beat you high. i'm not thinking straight anymore. to many hours for me at the tables tonight...

benneh
09-08-2005, 02:41 AM
while in the hand i was thinking: 46 in the hole? No way.. but i cant bet just in case.

totally forgetting that i had A PAIR OF 4s in my hand

Andy B
09-08-2005, 02:52 AM
Yeah, you should pay attention to what's in your hand. I think the river is a bet, too, but it's pretty close. You played the hand fine.

Aicirt
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Youve got to bet that river. He could easily call you down with two pair and no low. Also he might have a low and think that you have him beat going low and lay his hand down. Not to mention the fact that hes lost quite a few chips already for only the 2nd level. Could mean he ran badly on some low draws or could mean that hes just not very good and was playing junk. I think you scoop this pot enough times to warrent a bet.

Aicirt