PDA

View Full Version : AQ makes TP in 22s

bones
09-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t715)
MP2 (t970)
MP3 (t305)
CO (t875)
Button (t970)
SB (t1245)
BB (t745)
UTG (t770)
UTG+1 (t760)
Hero (t645)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t30, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t180) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t75</font>, Hero calls t75, MP3 folds, Button calls t75, SB calls t75.

Turn: (t480) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, Button calls t150, SB calls t150, UTG+1 folds.

River: (t930) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, Button folds, SB calls t125.

Final Pot: t1180

Comments on the river?

durron597
09-08-2005, 01:38 AM
That board is so coordinated I am definitely raising to try to get all the draws out.

applejuicekid
09-08-2005, 01:39 AM
I have no idea what the SB has. On the turn I thought he had a draw. I would just check this river. But I like the small bet which allows a worse hand to call you.

john smith
09-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Why no flop raise?

Jman28
09-08-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm gonna disagree with everyone and call the flop, like you did. I have no problem keeping this pot small, and dumping the turn if a heart or straightening card hits.

I hate getting myself into big pots with a weak made hand that is very vulnerable, especially when I don't know what card beats me.

I play the flop and turn like you did. I would check the river if you think the button would bluff his missed draw, but I probably lean towards betting. The pot is so big that I think you can make it at least 250 and still get a weaker hand to call.

Bluff Daddy
[ QUOTE ]
That board is so coordinated I am definitely raising to try to get all the draws out.

[/ QUOTE ]

im raising the flop to about 200-50 and pushing that turn if I was called

suited_ace
I don't think you can call the flop. You need to raise in that spot. You have a coordinated board and everyone and their cousins still in the pot.

bones
09-08-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was because this board was so coordinated that I wasn't raising. I was prepared to dump the hand if more action broke out or a scary turn hit.

durron597
09-08-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was because this board was so coordinated that I wasn't raising. I was prepared to dump the hand if more action broke out or a scary turn hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone has KT I want to find out now rather than later. I would be much happier getting chips in now than seeing a T hit for cheap.

Jman28
09-08-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone has KT I want to find out now rather than later. I would be much happier getting chips in now than seeing a T hit for cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get a bunch of chips in on the flop, you are either a huge dog or a slight favorite.

durron597
09-08-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you get a bunch of chips in on the flop, you are either a huge dog or a slight favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not raising for value, I'm raising to protect my hand. I'd rather win a small pot then lose a big one.

bones
09-08-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not raising for value, I'm raising to protect my hand. I'd rather win a small pot then lose a big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The raise that I have to make to protect my hand is more than I want to invest on this hand right now.

Bluff Daddy
09-08-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna disagree with everyone and call the flop, like you did. I have no problem keeping this pot small, and dumping the turn if a heart or straightening card hits.

I hate getting myself into big pots with a weak made hand that is very vulnerable, especially when I don't know what card beats me.

I play the flop and turn like you did. I would check the river if you think the button would bluff his missed draw, but I probably lean towards betting. The pot is so big that I think you can make it at least 250 and still get a weaker hand to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really like betting 150 of your 500 chips on the turn w/ 4 ppl still in an almost t500 pot and that board?

durron597
09-08-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The raise that I have to make to protect my hand is more than I want to invest on this hand right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the point of the turn bet? Blocking bet? Are you folding to a turn push (from anyone?)

bones
09-08-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what's the point of the turn bet? Blocking bet? Are you folding to a turn push (from anyone?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Blocking/value. When the original bet bettor shuts down, I'm fairly sure I have the best hand. If someone comes over the top, I'll probably lay it down.

I played the flop cautiously because:

-If I'm ahead, I'm barely ahead
-If I'm behind, I'm drawing to runners.
-The number of chips that I'd have to put in to scare away a draw is fairly close to all of them.
-I'm never getting a better hand to fold.

Instead of using a raise to define my hand or chase people away, I just used the turn. If UTG +1 kept firing, I'd be done with it.