PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat early push

AliasMrJones
09-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Was 4-tabling and no good reads other than SB is tight and passive preflop and BB is loose and aggressive. With so many people left and pretty decent stacks all around I thought I needed to pick up some chips before I got too low. Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

AliasMrJones (t750)
SB (t745)
BB (t2380)
UTG (t1530)
MP1 (t1155)
MP2 (t1565)
CO (t1875)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, AliasMrJones is all-in.

durron597
09-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Was BB loose-aggressive-bad or loose-aggressive-good? The better I think he is the more likely I am to push.

09-08-2005, 01:44 AM
I don't like it. Too much risk of busting with the blinds still only at t150 and several hands before they get back to you. BB is going to have a very large range with his stack and your read on him, and that range will be a big favorite against your hand.

I'd wait and see if I get some more pushable hands in the next couple cycles.

applejuicekid
09-08-2005, 01:44 AM
I think this is a good push. You might not have a better stealing opportunity for a while. I definitely push here if the blinds are raising soon.

Jman28
09-08-2005, 01:50 AM
This is a pure math question. You need to put the remaining players on calling ranges and calculate your push equity and fold equity.

AliasMrJones
09-08-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a pure math question. You need to put the remaining players on calling ranges and calculate your push equity and fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, duh, but that's kind of hard to do when you have 60 seconds to make a decision.

Jman28
09-08-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, duh, but that's kind of hard to do when you have 60 seconds to make a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But that's what you should be doing now, rather than posting the hand.

durron597
09-08-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't answer my question. SB is probably folding. If BB likes to play pots and is the sort "f this loser raising my blind" fold. If he is a solid, good LAG then he will likely fold knowing he will get a better spot later.

AliasMrJones
09-08-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was BB loose-aggressive-bad or loose-aggressive-good? The better I think he is the more likely I am to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be perfectly honest, I was multitabling and didn't have a good read on BB. The above is from his PT stats post tourney. Looking at his stats (88% VPIP 20% PFR) he could only be bad, but I actually didn't know it at the time.

AliasMrJones
09-08-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But that's what you should be doing now, rather than posting the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already ran it through ICM. I wanted to get others opinions and thinking.

psyduck
09-08-2005, 02:19 AM
The BB being both a big stack AND being loose/aggressive makes this a fold.