PDA

View Full Version : World Peace?

kurosh
09-08-2005, 12:02 AM
You can kill the person you care about the most and there will be world peace. Countless lives will be saved and many people will be much happier. However, you will not be directly affected in any way. No one you know, who would have died, will not die. The economy will not be better. You will never see these people who now have better lives. Basically, all you have is the thought that, around the world, there is no more war.

Do you murder the one you care about the most?

HopeydaFish
09-08-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can kill the person you care about the most and there will be world peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, I don't believe in suicide.

threeonefour
09-08-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can kill the person you care about the most and there will be world peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, I don't believe in suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you don't kill yourself then george bush wins!

...how do you sleep at night...

BirdieLongSocks
09-08-2005, 08:52 AM
It would be selfish not to kill your friend/relative.

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point?

BirdieLongSocks
09-08-2005, 09:05 AM
That I would kill the person closest to me.

jakethebake
09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That I would kill the person closest to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well why didn't you say that? Saying it would be selfish not to didn't convey that at all.

peterchi
09-08-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't feel comfortable with the decision of who should live and die. I don't care if it's 1,000,000 lives against 1. I don't care if it's my best friend or worst enemy. I'm not committing the act of killing anyone.

BirdieLongSocks
09-08-2005, 09:09 AM
sorry for the confusion.

BirdieLongSocks
09-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Of course you dont feel comfortable with the decision making, thats the point of the question.

However every persons that dies in a war will have been a person closest to someone else.

So by not ending this beloved person of yours life and sentecing yourself to eternal grief your doing it to the rest of the world.

peterchi
09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course you dont feel comfortable with the decision making, thats the point of the question.

However every persons that dies in a war will have been a person closest to someone else.

So by not ending this beloved person of yours life and sentecing yourself to eternal grief your doing it to the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

Perhaps I should rephrase.

My point is that you don't have the power or the right to judge the value of human life. That's a fact.

Therefore, you cannot judge whether one person's life is more valueable than another's. Neither can you judge whether two persons' lives are more valueable than one other. And so on and so forth.

diebitter
09-08-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My point is that you don't have the power or the right to judge the value of human life. That's a fact.

Therefore, you cannot judge whether one person's life is more valueable than another's. Neither can you judge whether two persons' lives are more valueable than one other. And so on and so forth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree you don't have the power. Doesn't mean you can't judge. I judge, for example, a convicted babykiller is worth less than you. Would you disagree?

BirdieLongSocks
09-08-2005, 09:39 AM
In which way can 1 persons life be more valueble then 2?

Ofcourse my argument is based on the belife that evryone has an equal value.

Shajen
09-08-2005, 09:39 AM
I would become best friends with a rapist-murderer.

Then, I'd kill their evil ass.

Problem solved.

peterchi
09-08-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In which way can 1 persons life be more valueble then 2?

Ofcourse my argument is based on the belife that evryone has an equal value.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who knows what offspring one might produce?

In semi-response to DieBitter, the convicted baby killer might give rise to a line of family that produces a world leader in the next thousand years. And I might produce offspring that become terrorists.

My point is that we don't know these things. And there are countless other facets of human life that we just cannot comprehend. Effectively we can treat the value of a human life as infinite. So we can't make the decision as to which one(s) is/are more valuable.