PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

lynars
09-07-2005, 11:11 PM
played a £100 NL game on crypto when this hand came up. Dont got any specific read on button in this hand couse he just sat down at the table. We both got close to £100 each before this pot occurs.

Folded to the button who limps in.
SB completes an i make it £4 to go with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Button calls me and SB folds.

Flop (£9): J /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I lead for £8.
Button thinks like 10 seconds then makes it £20.

Whats you move here and why?

JustToast
09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Call the flop raise

Lead the turn 1/2 pot. Fold to a turn raise provided you don't hold the nut flush of course.

lynars
09-07-2005, 11:42 PM
thx for you opinion, but what if buttons only calls your turn 1/2 pot bet and river brings a blank?

Dommer
09-08-2005, 12:00 AM
I like calling the flop raise, check calling a smallish turn bet (around half pot or so is ok I think), then check folding to a strong river bet. This all assumes no reads and that you don't hit your flush or set. I think most of the time you are going to run into a better than overpair hand so I try to keep the pot small. I don't bet teh turn because I don't want to price myself out on my flush draw (I bet, he pushes all-in or raises big, I have to fold).

gren
09-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Lead for 4 instead then fold to a big raise.

amoeba
09-08-2005, 02:31 AM
what? why?

so you want to feign weakness and then fold to the big raise that that weakness induces?

lynars
09-08-2005, 11:50 AM
thx for your posts. The following happend after the flop. I lead out for 30 after the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif fell on the turn. He pushed me all-in and i did of course(?) call. River was a blank and he showed 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Any comments on my action after the flop?

yvesaint
09-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Exactly what I'd do. Turn gave you a beautiful card, now your outs are enormous. Get it all-in.

Dommer
09-08-2005, 02:54 PM
I go bust here as well, you just can't fold the turn. Even a really tight player either has a set or flush here with a set being more likely, and even if he does have a flush you have a LOT of outs. The only thing I would have done differently is to bet pot or slightly over or even all-in on the turn. You don't want that fourth flush card falling at this point without all the money in the pot already. If he has KK/QQ/JJ he is folding to the turn bet regardless. The only time I would bet below pot (say 1/2 pot) is when I know my opponent is aggressive and will reraise me with the flush/set, you can try to get some extra value from a pair (most likely one with a club) then. Default is to play this very aggressive though.

RED FACE
10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
flop: he hit his set so you're drawing to 11 cards 9 of which are susceptible to redraws and if the flush hits you may not have any implied odds. You need 3.3:1 and are getting only 37:12 - so it's close, so close in fact that the only moderate possibility of implied bets is worth the call.

turn A: awsome, now you should have at least some implied odds but not much on the turn, you need to check the turn hope he bets and if not bet a bit weak on the river.

RED FACE
10-04-2005, 08:42 PM
oops, didn't realize I was responding to an old thread.