PDA

View Full Version : Cavs sign Damon jones

tolbiny
09-07-2005, 11:07 PM
does this officially make them the best team not ot make the playoffs next year?

Clarkmeister
09-07-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does this officially make them the best team not ot make the playoffs next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that award goes to the Clippers.

LBJ
09-07-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm....they were 1 game out last year and have added Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, and Damon Jones. I'm as big of a Cavs fan as they come, but I'm not being biased. Unfortunatly, with Detroit, Indiana, Chicago, and Milwaukee in their division and top 3 going to division winners, Cleveland will have a tough time getting homefield. Okay, I've rambled enough.

holeplug
09-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Looks like they have their 3pt shooters set now

Phoenix1010
09-08-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will go to the 9th team in the West no matter what happens in the East.

I would be very VERY surprised if Cleaveland doesn't make the playoffs next year. I count Washington as the early favorite among last year's playoff teams to miss next year, followed by Boston and Philadelphia. The Southeast is in danger of sending only the division winner to the postseason, while I wouldn't be surprised if EVERY team in the Central got a berth. Jersey is a heavy favorite to win the Atlantic, and my heart tells me the Knicks are making it this year.

Clarkmeister
09-08-2005, 02:44 AM
I expect the Bulls to regress a tad. They should still make it, but I don't think they'll have first round home court again.

Phoenix1010
09-08-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I expect the Bulls to regress a tad. They should still make it, but I don't think they'll have first round home court again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think this because of something wrong with the team or because their competition is going to improve so drastically next year? I expect Chicago to keep getting better every year for at least the next 4 years as their youngins gain experience. That said, I agree that they're not getting home court next year, because to do that they'd have to get a better record than Detroit or Indiana, so barring major injuries (or crazy suspensions) to those teams they basically don't have a ghost of a chance.

Aytumious
09-08-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleveland was atrocious last year and still almost made it. They added two very good outside shooters in Marshall and Jones and one of the most versatile SG's in the league, who also happens to be an All NBA defender. They will make the playoffs and I expect Lebron to finish in the top 3 in MVP voting, perhaps even winning it.

Victor
09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
everyone responding that the cavs will make the playoffs clearly do not understand cleveland sports.