PDA

View Full Version : 88 vs a TAG, what the hell am I doing here?

Bodhi
09-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is tight and very aggressive. I've seen her raise oc's and other marginal draws. My mistake was that I didn't 3bet preflop to ensure the hand would be hu (and for fold equity), which I'll just have to chalk up to multitabling carelessness. Once I was in the hand, though, my plan was exactly what you see here:

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Nick C
09-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't think I'd fold a flush draw (weak though it is) in a 9.50 BB pot versus a very aggressive player. You could be drawing live, and there's even some chance Villain is raising A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif or something. (I'll admit that for this to be the case, Villain would have had to have taken the flop checkraise personally or be the type of player who plays AKo like the nuts.)

Anyway, though, against a very aggressive player, I wouldn't make so much of the information I got from my raises and would probably just start calling down after my flop checkraise got 3-bet.

Bodhi
09-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Right, I think I capped the flop because she seemed like the sort of tag who just might take the check-raise personally. The funny thing is that I could have gone to showdown for less money than what I invested in the hand, only to fold. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Harv72b
09-08-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell am I doing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spewing. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

For less than the amount of bets you put in the pot on the flop &amp; turn, you could've check/called to showdown or run a call/call/donk line. If she's that aggressive, just let her do the betting...especially when you turn a weak (but potentially live) flush draw.

Save this line for playing against a maniac (only don't fold then).

EDIT: can you tell I didn't read the responses before I replied? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif