PDA

View Full Version : 'A better idiot'

newfant
09-07-2005, 10:03 PM
I think Republicans have a new campaign slogan for the upcoming elections: "A better idiot."

When the president of Jefferson Parish asked for more help from the Republican federal government, he realized he couldn't expect help from anyone competent, so he merely requested "a better idiot." George Bush has lowered expectations so much in this country that all anyone expects from the Republican party now is "a better idiot." If I have to endure another Republican administration in the next term, I at least hope Republicans provide "a better idiot" than what we've got now.

"Bureaucracy has murdered people in the greater New Orleans area," he said on CBS' "Early Show" Tuesday. "Take whatever idiot they have at the top of whatever agency and give me a better idiot. Give me a caring idiot. Give me a sensitive idiot. Just don't give me the same idiot."

A better idiot (http://newsfromrussia.com/world/2005/09/08/62481.html)

tylerdurden
09-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Do you really think it will be any better with a different party in the white house?

09-07-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it will be any better with a different party in the white house?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Do you think it will be any worse?

bishopstrt
09-07-2005, 10:52 PM
oh it can always get worse.

09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh it can always get worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think so, too, before this crowd.

lehighguy
09-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. Our society can clearly produce bigger idiots if it wants.

newfant
09-08-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather see one group of doofs in the White House and a different group of doofs in Congress. Right now we have the same group of donks running both the White House and Congress and everything is [censored] up like a Christmas Tree.

coffeecrazy1
09-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Case in point: Do you really think that Family Guy, the Simpsons, and American Dad are so popular because people CAN'T relate to how stupid the characters are?

That said...I love at least two of those shows(just haven't watched much American Dad).

John Ho
09-08-2005, 05:51 AM
I think Bill Clinton would have done loads better. If nothing else he would have come home from vacation before Katrina struck and been on top of things from the White House.

And Al Gore would have been all over this. Who knows with John Kerry? Now that guy was a disaster waiting to happen.

It helps to have a leader on top of situations like this. At least then the minions feel accountable to someone.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Broken Glass Can
09-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Clinton would have done worse in all respects save one - the one illustrated below:

http://www.cagle.com/news/HurricaneBush05/images/stahler44.gif

tylerdurden
09-08-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Do you think it will be any worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Individual aspects might be better or worse, but on average it will be the same. The problem isn't republicans (or democrats), the problem isn't federal or state or local government. It's all of them.

tek
09-08-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. My belief is that only approved puppets make it to the national election. The puppetmasters don't care which individual wins the white house, because they are captive anyway...

BluffTHIS!
09-08-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so he merely requested "a better idiot."

[/ QUOTE ]

Your assistance has been requested. Please go and do all you can to help.

09-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Destruction is destruction... do you really think Bush, Clinton, Carter, Regan.. or any other President truly has their finger on the pulse of ANY federal agency?

It's like saying it was Clinton's fault that SSI fraud doubled during the 90's... that's ridiculous.

Bush and Congress are rapidly working to allocate $52 Billion dollars for immediate relief. Not to mention what FEMA and our national flood fund will be paying out.

Furthermore, FEMA will have to step in and carry debt through the SBA for everyone that wants to rebuild... and/or cover the costs of the 100's of insurance companies that are about to go BK.