View Full Version : Blind defense against schneids...

ggbman
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't know if he knows it's me, i'm using a different name that i have when we played in the past.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Thoughts on all strets appreciated, i think there is merit to playing each one differently.

ALL1N
09-07-2005, 10:19 PM
If you're checkfolding the river, I like.

Schneids
09-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Not only did I not know it was you, but I was playing these tonight while in a 2hr lecture. Dunno if I was playing A poker...But I'm happy with the session and how it went.

ggbman
09-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Blah Blah, we all know you can take me looking at one of your hole cards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Funnily enough, i had the distraction of an RA who wanted me to narrate my play on 7 tables to him, so we both had distactions.

How did you know that was me btw?

stoxtrader
09-07-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blah Blah, we all know you can take me looking at one of your hole cards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Funnily enough, i had the distraction of an RA who wanted me to narrate my play on 7 tables to him, so we both had distactions.

How did you know that was me btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

read schneids post again.

ggbman
09-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I did. I still don't know how he knows that name, i don't think i have ever played against him on it. He didn't say how he knew it was me, just that he did.

Catt
09-08-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I did. I still don't know how he knows that name, i don't think i have ever played against him on it. He didn't say how he knew it was me, just that he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
schneids wrote: Not only did I not know it was you . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AlexSem
09-08-2005, 12:43 AM
raise PF

Bet flop

bet turn.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ggbman
09-08-2005, 12:53 AM
lol i suck at reading.

Entity
09-08-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said that he didn't know it was you: "not only did I not know it was you."

Rob

NLSoldier
09-08-2005, 01:34 AM
I'd 3bet preflop.

bicyclekick
09-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I would NOT 3 bet pre-flop and I would check raise the [censored] out of that flop most of the time.

NLSoldier
09-08-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would NOT 3 bet pre-flop and I would check raise the [censored] out of that flop most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Schneids
09-08-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto.

Fortitude
09-08-2005, 05:26 AM
I play the same game and I like to 3 bet this pre flop as well. It feels like the lead is giving me a lot of K and Q high flops. I maintain the lead until given a very good reason not to. Maybe I'm just better at playing with the lead than check/raising a lot of flops with this hand.

Do you guys have a convincing reason to call pre flop and check/raise a lot of flops with this hand?

PokerBob
09-08-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, but mike is very capable of a turn bluff raise, no?

baronzeus
09-08-2005, 07:35 AM
don't get why you didn't check-raise here on the flop. you are way ahead of his range and you can likely get him to fold on the turn with this line.

also i'd be more likely to 3bet preflop if i didnt have an ace/showdown hand. if i had a hand like K9s i need to take initiative right?

ggbman
09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
I see merit to both lines, i just didn't see what a flop c/r would accomplish against you except getting a little value when i am ahead. You're not the type to fold better hands in this spot very often, so i save a little when i am behind and maybe induce calldowns from some weaker KJ type hands?

baronzeus
09-08-2005, 07:52 AM
(when you are ahead)

say you check raise the flop with A5s...turn brick you bet he folds. you get 1BB and he sees 1 card.

if you call the flop and bet the turn he will probably call with K high and you have to check the river. he gets to see 2 cards but you win 1.5BB when he misses. (also a caveat is that if you check the river and think schneids will bluff at it you need to call if he bets---which sucks when you are behind)

so the question is, when he bets on the flop (which is 5.50SB in this case) is the pot small enough that giving him an extra .5BB worth it?

1800GAMBLER
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
3 bet the flop or checkraise the flop.

DcifrThs
09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
preflop: perfect. you dont want to 3 bet and take the betting lead here b/c schneider will put u in tough spots w/ a worse hand and let you keep the lead w/ a better hand so calling is fine.

flop: this is just my style but you gotta c'r that flop, ... there's like a BILLION hands out there that he has that willl bet that flop automatically that you beat. once that flop hits we are seeing a showdown and i want to get money out of him (which is hard to do on later streets) now.

Turn: once you c'c call i'd either bet out or c'r. c'ring is dangerous because, again, sometimes he'll check and sometimes h'ell bet, AND he can 3bet a marginally better holding for a free showdown if he thinks you picked up a draw.

river. once you bet the turn then check the river. if he calls you're beat.

Barron

The Truth
09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
After you check raise the flop, you lead the turn.
What is your action if he raises you on the turn?

DcifrThs
09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on what the turn card is.

Barron

bicyclekick
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a great man once said "then you play poker"

SoSo
09-08-2005, 12:17 PM
surely u have to 3 bet this from the bb and lead the flop?

DrGutshot
09-08-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like an extremely obvious resteal - wouldn't schneids know to play back at this? I agree 3betting preflop may not get you far - but I like the flop check call instead of a check raise.

If the board was more like 985 I would be more inclined to c/r.

-DrG

1800GAMBLER
09-08-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like an extremely obvious resteal - wouldn't schneids know to play back at this? I agree 3betting preflop may not get you far - but I like the flop check call instead of a check raise.

If the board was more like 985 I would be more inclined to c/r.

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

First off schneids doesn't know it's a 2+2er, he thinks it's a 20/40 random, so there are many legit hands a random can have here A3 K3 44 55 66 77 sometimes 89 8t 8k 8a, yet also people do play back on these silly boards.

I doubt anyone here is going to raise the turn with a hand that our A5 beats. Schnieds against a random is not expecting most to fold anything to a turn raise here, hence the reason nearly everyone waits untill the turn to raise with AA for value reasons rather than raising the turn with JQ for folding equity.

ggbman
09-08-2005, 02:32 PM
A lot of people made good arguments for taking lines other than the one i did. In retrospect, i think that check raising the flop is superior to the line i took, but this is definitly up for debate. Anyway, he checked behind the river with A6 and his hand was good.