PDA

View Full Version : Party Tournament Hand

preiserone
09-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Forgot to get the hand history emailed to me so I'm doing this by hand.

Everyone involved in the pot have about average stacks, around 1500-2000, seat 3 has completed about half the bring-ins in the tournament so he has a huge range of hands, he turns passive against aggression. Everyone else in the hand pretty loose passive.

7stud high tournament, ante/bring-in 10/20 or 15/25 (i can't remember exactly) , limits 50/100

3rd:
seat 1 xx3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif bring-in -call
seat 2 xx5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif call-call
seat 3 xxj /images/graemlins/diamond.gif complete-call
seat 4 xx6 /images/graemlins/club.gif fold
seat 5 xx6 /images/graemlins/club.gif fold
seat 6 xx9 /images/graemlins/heart.giffold
seat 7 xx4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif fold
Me A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif raise

About 5BB

4th:
seat 1 xx3 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif fold
seat 2 xx5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif call
seat 3 xxJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif bet -call
Me A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif raise

About 8 BB

5th:
seat 2 xx5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif fold
seat 3 xxJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif check call
Me A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif bet

About 10 BB

6th:
seat 3 xxJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif call
Me A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif bet

About 12 BB

Aces look pretty good, could be against jacks up or something like that but I have a ton of outs if he does have me beat.

7th:
seat 3 xxJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif x call
Me A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif bet

About 14 BB

I don't know if the bet here is right...

Any suggestions?

Andy B
09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I think in a tournament I might just flat-call on third. Raising is fine, though. I like the raise on fourth. The bets on fifth and sixth are good. On fifth, you give them a chance to fold, and when you hit the Ace, I think it's pretty likely that you have the best hand. I like the bet on the river, although I might check and hope to pick off a bluff, especially in a tournament.

preiserone
09-07-2005, 10:08 PM
This was the $40+4 stud tourney on party poker, forgot to mention that, it doesn't really have much impact, they still play like its a freeroll up to the $100 tournaments from my experience

preiserone
09-08-2005, 03:54 PM
It turns out the guy had a couple diamonds under and backed into 8's and 2's on the river...that made 0 sense to me, but I was crippled and went out with A2A in the next level.