PDA

View Full Version : 5 PP 0.5/1 hands - hand # 2

mikeca
04-25-2003, 12:54 AM
This is the 2nd hand in my series of 4 consecutive hands. I’m in SB this hand with As Ad. It is folded around to the Calling Stallion (CS) who limps. Another middle player limps, button limps, and I raise. CS and button call, but other middle player folds (got to watch him).

Flop is 5d Kc 7c

I don’t see any reason to believe I’m not ahead of 2 limpers here, so I bet out. CS and button both call.

Turn is [5d Kc 7c ] 7h

I bet out. CS calls, button raises. Button is too loose preflop, but I don’t think he would raise here without a 7. If he has a 7, I don’t have very many outs. I call. CS calls.

River [5d Kc 7c 7h ] Ac

The miracle card on the river, one of my few outs. I don’t see anyway I’m beat now (well 77 is possible). I bet, CS folds, button raises, I re-raise, button calls.

Comments? Results later.

hutz
04-25-2003, 01:43 AM
From the river betting, it appears you sucked out on the guy, but it was reasonable given that you'd have to have been VERY confident of your read to lay down aces on the turn. Your river aggression was warranted. If the guy has 77, good for him.

Yerma
04-25-2003, 03:30 AM
" This is the 2nd hand in my series of 4 consecutive hands. I’m in SB this hand with As Ad. It is folded around to the Calling Stallion (CS) who limps. Another middle player limps, button limps, and I raise. CS and button call, but other middle player folds (got to watch him)."

"Flop is 5d Kc 7c"

"I don’t see any reason to believe I’m not ahead of 2 limpers here, so I bet out. CS and button both call."

"Turn is [5d Kc 7c ] 7h"

This is a very dangerous situation. The guideline is that you have someone who you would like to charge on the turn now while they are still willing to put in chips--the flush draw. There is nothing you can do to defend yourself here in case someone has a seven.

"I bet out. CS calls, button raises. Button is too loose preflop, but I don’t think he would raise here without a 7. If he has a 7, I don’t have very many outs. I call. CS calls."

You could still be ahead but the liklihood is small!

"River [5d Kc 7c 7h ] Ac

The miracle card on the river, one of my few outs. I don’t see anyway I’m beat now (well 77 is possible). I bet, CS folds, button raises, I re-raise, button calls."

You can also try the check-raise.

"Comments? Results later."

There is not much you can do different in this hand that is of significant. Maybe the river action requires more thought.

Bob T.
04-25-2003, 04:19 AM
I can imagine hands that you can beat that he would raise with on the turn. I would call, and against a very aggressive player, maybe reraise.

Nice river card. I think your play on the river was fine.

eMarkM
04-25-2003, 08:59 AM
You probably are behind on the turn here, but it's difficult to lay down bullets. Probably doesn't happen much on .5/1, but on higher limits this is a perfect spot to raise from LP on a club draw, but that's likely wishful thinking in a micro game.

Button doesn't have 77, he would have capped the river, you're certainly good. You played the hand fine.

mikeca
04-25-2003, 12:42 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their replies.

The button had 7s 6s, for 3 7s, and I took down the pot.

I am still happy with my play here. I think I read the button correctly, and hitting my 2 outer on the river was a real suck out.

pudley4
04-25-2003, 02:35 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
...I raise. CS and button call, but other middle player folds (got to watch him).

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you make this note because you think he's a good player? The only way he's a good player is if all 3 of these statements are true:

1 - you only raise from the blinds with AA,
2 - he knew this, and
3 - folded a dominated hand.

Otherwise he made a bad play (either his hand was so bad he shouldn't have limped in the first place, or he made a poor fold).

mikeca
04-25-2003, 04:08 PM
I amost never see a fold like this, either online or in B&amp;M LL games. To me this indicates a degree of discipline not usually found in LL players. Perhaps he was trying to limp in with a weak drawing hand, but didn't think there were enough callers, and now it was raised. Perhaps he just figured that he had better cards than CS (who was playing any two cards), but when a tight player raised from the blinds, he decided to get out. I suspect he had a weak ace or something like that.

To me this means he may know more than the typical LL player. His calls and/or raises might be more correct than most.