PDA

View Full Version : Convertor question

deadmunny
09-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Dear All,

I know this has been answered already (tried a search) so forgive me.

What do I have to do to convert this HH

***** Hand History for Game 2670956031 *****
$0.50/$1 Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, September 07, 15:48:37 EDT 2005
Table Beginners #1040604 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: coolhand85 ( $26.11 )
Seat 2: jeromebaker8 ( $28.60 )
Seat 3: PhiLisALLIN ( $17.75 )
Seat 4: NYyankFan18 ( $11 )
Seat 5: mrti007 ( $5.87 )
Seat 7: Buddyb13 ( $17.75 )
Seat 8: Nilbud_ ( $58.75 )
Seat 9: Dianabear ( $19.50 )
Seat 10: ArtesX ( $25 )
NYyankFan18 posts small blind [$0.25].
mrti007 posts big blind [$0.50].
ArtesX posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ArtesX [ Qs Qc ]
Buddyb13 folds.
Nilbud_ folds.
Dianabear folds.
ArtesX checks.
coolhand85 calls [$0.50].
jeromebaker8 raises [$1].
PhiLisALLIN calls [$1].
NYyankFan18 calls [$0.75].
mrti007 calls [$0.50].
ArtesX raises [$1].
coolhand85 calls [$1].
jeromebaker8 calls [$0.50].
PhiLisALLIN calls [$0.50].
NYyankFan18 calls [$0.50].
mrti007 calls [$0.50].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, Kd, 7s ]
NYyankFan18 folds.
mrti007 checks.
ArtemisX checks.
coolhand85 checks.
jeromebaker8 bets [$0.50].
PhiLisALLIN folds.
mrti007 calls [$0.50].
ArtesX calls [$0.50].
coolhand85 calls [$0.50].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4h ]
mrti007 checks.
ArtesX checks.
coolhand85 checks.
jeromebaker8 bets [$1].
mrti007 folds.
ArtesX folds.
coolhand85 calls [$1].
** Dealing River ** [ Td ]
coolhand85 checks.
jeromebaker8 bets [$1].
coolhand85 calls [$1].
jeromebaker8 shows [ 4s, Ac ] a pair of fours.
coolhand85 shows [ 8d, Js ] a pair of eights.
coolhand85 wins $14.25 from the main pot with a pair of eights.

Best regards David

NB I have worked out what to do with the Bad beat ones, but the above and Tournament ones I cant make work

Pov
09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Yeah, it's weird - I don't know why bisonbison doesn't fix this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just go to bisonbison's hand converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) and then paste in your hand history. Remove the word "Texas" from $0.50/$1 Texas Hold'em and then click Convert Hand. It's weird, but removing that one word makes it work. You should get the following:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB folds, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (13 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP3 has 8d Js (one pair, eights).
CO has 4s Ac (one pair, fours).
Outcome: MP3 wins 15 BB. </font>

Pov
09-07-2005, 08:34 PM
As far as the hand goes, I think you made a pre-deal mistake by posting in MP2 and I'm quite sure you made a pre-flop mistake by checking your QQ instead of raising it.

On the flop that King must be disappointing, but you are getting odds to call a bet because of all the players that are still in. Since you are going to call anyway, you could bet to maintain control of the hand. If you are raised you can "safely" fold unimproved on the turn. You basically gave the CO the license to steal by checking it to him. But yeah, I would be tempted to just check and call here then fold if I don't hit my Q with an overcard and this many players not to mention an 87 your hand kind of went south. The real difference maker is this is a big pot. You can't give up quite so easily even though it is going to cost you a couple of extra small bets most of the time. This one time would have paid for the next several times it didn't work.

deadmunny
09-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Appreciate the answer Pov, I agree , this HH is not mine though was helping somebody out and I gave them the exact advice I play at $2/4.

I said to him:

Why check PF, you have the 3rd best starting hand, why check the flop (and having done so you need to raise with it to see where your at) AND you probably woulda got checked at the river for a free showdown,

But thanks again,

Regards David

SheridanCat
09-07-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's weird - I don't know why bisonbison doesn't fix this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to fix it and other things and found it was too difficult to work with the code. So, I rewrote it from scratch in a more maintaininable way.

I believe bisonbison just got too busy to maintain it.

My converter can be found here. (http://www.pokergeek.com/cgi-bin/convert/convert.cgi)

It handles the OP's history just fine.

Regards,

T

AASooted
09-08-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to fix it and other things and found it was too difficult to work with the code. So, I rewrote it from scratch in a more maintaininable way.

I believe bisonbison just got too busy to maintain it.

My converter can be found here. (http://www.pokergeek.com/cgi-bin/convert/convert.cgi)

It handles the OP's history just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I have two suggestions. If you add a link to the converter in the hand history like bisonbison did, it will make it easier for people to find it. Could you have it keep the settings in the radio buttons and option boxes to what I selected when it creates the hand history?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all. This is a great service you're providing.

SheridanCat
09-08-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I have two suggestions. If you add a link to the converter in the hand history like bisonbison did, it will make it easier for people to find it. Could you have it keep the settings in the radio buttons and option boxes to what I selected when it creates the hand history?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all. This is a great service you're providing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for trying it out. It's still under development, so I'll take those suggestions into consideration.

Regards,

T