PDA

View Full Version : Put myself in a somewhat stupid situation, I think.....

Gomez22
09-07-2005, 07:22 PM
$10/1 Eurobet SNG

Level 3 (Blinds 25/50)

I have T650 in chips, am UTG+1 and 2nd shortest stack at table with 7 players left. Blinds increase to 50/100 next hand, and I have A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG folds, I raise to T150. All fold to BB(big stack) who pushes for T1600.

As soon as this happened, my first thought was, "Should I have pushed this to begin with?"

Since I didn't, what is my play here?

bluefeet
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah, you're calling - just as likely you'd face his call with your open-push...which i think you should have.

Even at 25/50, your "standard raise" leaves you VERY little wiggle room - likely OOP, if you get a call. Especially considering the blinds are increasing, you are in a fold/push position. Sucks you have to push across 5 players, but AJs is too good to fold.

Push PF (and reluctantly call his push)

raptor517
09-07-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're calling - just as likely you'd face his call with your open-push...which i think you should have.

Even at 25/50, your "standard raise" leaves you VERY little wiggle room - likely OOP, if you get a call. Especially considering the blinds are increasing, you are in a fold/push position. Sucks you have to push across 5 players, but AJs is too good to fold.

Push PF (and reluctantly call his push)

[/ QUOTE ]

well, he has to call 500 into 825, so yes, its an autocall.. however, to open push? im not so sure here. this is one of those spots i dont mind gettin goofy with. every better hand than AJs is calling anyway, so why not make it 175 with the intention of calling a shove, and shoving any flop its checked to you? its definitely an idea to consider.. although i guess standard play is to shove, im merely throwing around ideas as i sometimes do. holla

Gomez22
09-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Given the same position relative to the blinds, do you think this is a raise/fold situation if, say, there were still 4+ hands at the 25/50 level to play?