PDA

View Full Version : help, this cant be OK

09-07-2005, 06:59 PM
**not a bad beat post**

HELP!!!

Ive played 200 10+1 sngs (party), and Ive broken even. Ive already read some posts on variance and understand that it takes 1000+ games to get an idea of ROI. But my ITM is only 31%, and that can be determined by much less. I cant blame this on variance can I?? I really felt like I was playing much better than my opponents, but I'm in doubt now.

Ive read all the basic guides (aleo, adathar). Im playing a little looser on the bubble to steal as advanced strategy suggests. I read hands here almost daily, and my line of thinking is more than often the same as 2+2 pros. Right now I'm thinking my leak is early stages, cuz I'm only really comfortable playing the bubble. I still should be winning right?

Can it be variance? Any other advice?

I know Im new here, so I really appreciate replys, Brian

BDarch
09-07-2005, 07:01 PM
no one can really help you from this post, if you want help you need to post hands that you aren't sure about and try and figure out if you are making mistakes.

09-07-2005, 07:16 PM
ya sry its broad.Can anyone tell me if variance is THIS bad? to cause me to break even after 200 games at 10+1. Does the 31% ITM tell me for sure theres a leak?

downtown
09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
It's more likely that you're a break even player. It's how I started too. Stick around, post some hands, pay attention, and you'll improve. Do you have any reason to believe that you are not a break even player? There is no shame, just room to grow.