PDA

View Full Version : QQ multiway, A flops, turn bet from out of the blue

SavageMiser
09-07-2005, 06:53 PM
This “wait till the turn” trend is really getting out of hand. No real reads, though if pressed I’d say that UTG is a little loose preflop and semi-aggressive postflop. Seems like a typical weird FullTilt table, where an UTG raise will often fold the table, then two hands later it’s a family pot. I’ve been donked plenty, but this really surprised me.

FullTiltPoker $2/$4 Hold'em

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: <font color="blue">(10.5 sb)</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: <font color="blue">(7.75 bb)</font> 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero …

toss
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I'd fold until I knew more about UTG or the caller.

brazilio
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
That turn call makes me fold.

Carmine
09-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Easy fold. Either UTG hit his set, has A5 which he was afraid to bet/raise on the flop because of his kicker or doesn't want to let his Ax check through. And if it is just a donk bet MP1 called so your done. Maybe MP1 is chasing a gutshot or is calling down with a ten, but you would need some really narrow reads on both players to continue here.

Smokey98
09-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Hero has been betting it the whole way. Why would UTG now after check/calling bet the turn? Why wouldn't he now check/raise the turn or the river? I think he may be trying to buy the pot off the a scare card

eviljeff
09-07-2005, 08:00 PM
easy fold. you really think neither of them has you beat? and don't forget about BB.

TemetNosce
09-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Easy fold.

You bet the flop and got 4 callers. This almost "guarantees" that one of the four has an Ace. The donk bet on the turn is likely Aces up (A5). Save your money.

SavageMiser
09-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Shows where my head has been the past few days. Totally forgot there was a call between me and UTG+1.

A day later I look at it and see such an easy fold. I'm such a fish. For the curious ... (in white below)

<font color="white">Hero raised, UTG+1 called with his AJo, all others fold. Hero spikes a queen on the river. Poker is easy.</font>