PDA

View Full Version : Live 2-5 straight flush draw

09-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Ten handed, Hero (me) in CO with $400. Villain has $330. Most others have around $300. Villain has only played a few hands and I have no read on him yet.

Preflop: UTG straddles $10, villain limps, fold, limp, limp, fold, Hero limps w/ Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG checks.

Flop: ($60, 6 players) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Checks to villain who bets $30. Hero calls, everyone else folds.

Turn: ($120, 2 players) T /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Villain bets $35. Hero raises to $115. Villain raises all-in $175 more. Hero?

boondockst
09-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Without some kind of superhuman read, I'd have to call. You could easily be freerolling him via QJo or he could have just trip tens.

I'd be afraid of a full house but with two pair or a set on that flop, I don't see the villain only betting half the pot. I think a straight with QJo is far more likely.

09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I always raise the flop, is that wrong?

boondockst
09-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I don't see flat-calling as that bad.....Insta-calling here might convince the villain you're on a draw and lead him to making a big turn bet and maybe tie his stack into the hand.