PDA

View Full Version : $109 Party early doors - standard or weak tight?

RevAgain
09-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Converter not working...

Maybe 5 hands in, I've not played a hand. UTG calls for 15, I make it 80 to go in UTG+2 with QQ, MP calls and SB comes along too.

Flop 3,4,5 rainbow, UTG checks, I make it 300, next to act goes in for 1000, UTG calls all-in with about 1000 too. I pass and leave myself 600 or so.

Thoughts?

bigt439
09-07-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Converter not working...

Maybe 5 hands in, I've not played a hand. UTG calls for 15, I make it 80 to go in UTG+2 with QQ, MP calls and SB comes along too.

Flop 3,4,5 rainbow, UTG checks, I make it 300, next to act goes in for 1000, UTG calls all-in with about 1000 too. I pass and leave myself 600 or so.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a reason to bet full pot on the flop. 200-225 does the trick. I'd fold once it gets back to you though. But I'm weak tight.

RevAgain
09-07-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see a reason to bet full pot on the flop. 200-225 does the trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but not but yes but no but. I bet smaller I could find a middling PP come over the top of me and I've no way to know if he's got that or AK or hit his set. That's my thinking, I certainly take your point though, I prefer to spend a few more chips and not leave myself with a harder decision if someone comes over the top, it's basically insurance.

I'm still in the tournament, blinding away....

bigt439
09-07-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see a reason to bet full pot on the flop. 200-225 does the trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but not but yes but no but. I bet smaller I could find a middling PP come over the top of me and I've no way to know if he's got that or AK or hit his set. That's my thinking, I certainly take your point though, I prefer to spend a few more chips and not leave myself with a harder decision if someone comes over the top, it's basically insurance.

I'm still in the tournament, blinding away....

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise valid points. Except the AK part. No one's coming over top of you with that in the 109's. I don't think something like 77 goes nuts either, but JJ or TT maybe blows you off sometimes. I still stick to my smaller bet because I don't think the extra few chips really will change how those hands respond (full pot doesn't look any more legitimate than 2/3ish). You may fold the best hand sometimes using this line, but I think it's the best one. By the way you don't have to fold if just one player comes over top of you. In fact without reads I'd probably call. But the overcall is death.

Kosstic518
09-07-2005, 07:07 PM
It's a pretty tough call but that early in the tournament with no one in severe trouble you would have to assume that they probably also have a pocket pair, maybe even AA.

RevAgain
09-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, was actually up against A2 limper UTG!?!? for the straight and 44 for middle set.... just won the tourney /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I've been making too many crying calls recently, and that was close to another, it was only because someone was watching me that I didn't....

bigt439
09-07-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, was actually up against A2 limper UTG!?!? for the straight and 44 for middle set.... just won the tourney /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I've been making too many crying calls recently, and that was close to another, it was only because someone was watching me that I didn't....

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. Yeah it wouldn't have been a very good call. And to the guy who said he was worried about AA, that would be a few notches down on the list of hands I fear. A set is way more likely than an overpair IMO.