PDA

View Full Version : SNG, I can't fold trips right?

AZnuts
09-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Table has been fairly passive preflop, a lot of limpers.

CO has played all kinds of hands like Q2o, 34o, A5o, winning some pots with only a high card, a couple with 2 pair, a flush, a straight - all over the place.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t600)
UTG (t915)
Hero (t995)
CO (t1980)
Button (t2435)
SB (t1075)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t50, Hero calls t50, CO calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t250) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, CO calls t150, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (t550) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="red"> Hero bets t275 </font>, <font color="black">CO raises to t1780 (all-in),</font> <font color="red"> Hero calls (520, all-in)</font>

Slim Pickens
09-07-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP with QJo.
UTG calls t50, Hero calls t50 <font color="red">announcing he is a donkey with trash</font>, CO calls t50, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Nice overlimp.

AZnuts
09-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I'd been raising a lot preflop in the last 10 minutes, with zero action on some real hands like KK and JJ.

This JQ limp in EP is not a standard play for me preflop, but I tried it here for a change at this specific table.

P.S. Thanks for the utterly useless analysis though.

Slim Pickens
09-07-2005, 06:25 PM
In all seriousness, don't ever make that preflop play again unless you don't like money. The reason no one is responding is that the correct play is so [censored] obvious that no one else is bored enough to touch it. What you've asked is something along the lines of "What are the best shoes to wear while running across a busy freeway."

To answer your question, no, don't fold the turn. What better spot are you going to find for your last 500 chips?

SlimP

kong98
09-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I fold this pre-flop. I don't think your stack is deep enough to play speculative hands. (And this one isn't especially great either. Maybe if it was suited?) I just don't think you hit the flop often enough to compensate for the 50 chips you usually lose.

Given that you have top set and an OESD I'm more than happy to get my money in on the turn. If you're not best right now, you still have outs. Worst case, just river another Queen.

AZnuts
09-07-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. . .The reason no one is responding is that the correct play is so [censored] obvious that no one else is bored enough to touch it. What you've asked is something along the lines of "What are the best shoes to wear while running across a busy freeway."

[/ QUOTE ]

Has no one else ever made a preflop decision that they would only rarely, if ever, make (as a variation on your current table image if nothing else)? Yet, still evaluate the rest of the hand?

Geez - no wonder there have been so many posts lately about hostility on these boards.

I'll summarize so others don't need to bother with this post:

HORRIBLE preflop call, NO BRAINER all-in on turn.

jedi
09-07-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd been raising a lot preflop in the last 10 minutes, with zero action on some real hands like KK and JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a good reason to raise here as well. They don't know that you don't have KK or JJ.

valenzuela
09-07-2005, 07:01 PM
WTF...screw 2+2..it costs me absolutely nothing and yet I whine becuase nobody answers my questions!!! I demand everyone to come here and tell me how I played the hand !!!!!!!!

valenzuela
09-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Dude u cant expect an insightful post every day in fact I usually find a really good posts like once in a week that kinda makes me better, if u add all those posts that make u fix a leak..u have a better player!!!!!( btw NONE of the really insightful posts that have changed my mind about the game have been made on threads I started. )

Slim Pickens
09-07-2005, 07:23 PM
You're right in that it's a good idea to mix up your play a little. The psychologial aspect of the game is worth enough to make many marignally-minus EV situations +EV from the implied odds alone. I'm not saying it's never right to play wierd hands occasionally. Here are some problems I see with doing it in your situation.

1) You probably have to play the hand out of position postflop. There are three to your right and ?? to your left.

2) Your hand is not good for multiway pots, which this will be if you limp. With QJ suited, limping might be feasible from a good post-flop player. I'm not good enough to do this yet but there are many who post here who could tell you what to do with it.

3) If people have been folding to your raises, for god-XXXXXXX-sake raise if you feel you have to play this particular hand. At least you're more likely to play the hand in position by raising.

I didn't mean to be a dick to you but that limp is really, really, bad.

AZnuts
09-07-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least you're more likely to play the hand in position by raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, good point. I have to remind myself that even if I'm UTG+1, especially in a no limit game where I can raise enough, I can buy position more effectively than at full-ring limit games (especially those LAG'y games where LP players will call 2 cold a lot)

Now, since I fold this hand in this position 99% of the time, it will be a while before I worry how to play it next time.

bigt439
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Table has been fairly passive preflop, a lot of limpers.

CO has played all kinds of hands like Q2o, 34o, A5o, winning some pots with only a high card, a couple with 2 pair, a flush, a straight - all over the place.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t600)
UTG (t915)
Hero (t995)
CO (t1980)
Button (t2435)
SB (t1075)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t50, Hero calls t50, CO calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t250) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, CO calls t150, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (t550) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="red"> Hero bets t275 </font>, <font color="black">CO raises to t1780 (all-in),</font> <font color="red"> Hero calls (520, all-in)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't make the limp because you're dominated so often, etc. Flop is okay. By the turn you're not getting away.