PDA

View Full Version : Why do they pay so much money to see the show?

01-14-2002, 02:06 AM
They come to see the show, it's in color, but only in black, red, and white. They come because the show has a lot of action, or at least that's what the marque says. Ticket prices are sold on a sliding scale which is dependent on whether someone wants to see the show with a crowd or with the shortest list of attendees as possible. The shorter the list, the greater the price. Sometimes however, they do get a short list of attendees at a bargain price. But, usually that means the show will have less action.

Everyone likes a good action show and the action at these shows are normally pretty darn good. So good they always attracted a couple of Blind people who always pay in advance. Now when you get the Blinds paying the bigger ticket prices to see the show, you know there's going to be plenty of action at the show. Especially when you consider there's no sound in these action shows for the Blinds to hear and enjoy. Now the funny thing about this show, it's not a moving picture show either. Just three pictures flopped on a big screen of green. Now of course the Blinds have an even greater problem at the show, because they have to sit up front. While everyone else gets to see the whole picture from a better vantage point.

The reason these shows are so popular is they have a drawing at the end of the show where one can actually win a cash prize. Everyone waiting in line to see the show is given two tickets with pictures on them. Now if you can match up the pictures on the tickets, to the pictures on the screen, you can win a nice cash prize. But, here's the crazy part, those in line can return their tickets if they don't like them and it doesn't cost them a dime. However, the Blind guys have already paid for all or part of the price to see the show and they can't get a refund. Talk about screwing the visually challenged. So their stuck with whatever tickets they get.

Now here's the thing that really confuses me about this picture show. When someone starts a bidding war to raise the ticket prices, just because they don't want to watch the show in a crowd. Why are the Blind people so willing to pay the bigger ticket prices?. Especially when you consider the Blind people may be holding tickets with lousy pictures. Now maybe they just don't know they have lousy pictures, they are blind. But, what I hear them say is, "Well I'll just see the first three pictures and see if I like the show." Well a blind guy wanting to see makes some sense, but maybe someone should tell them when they have lousy tickets.

SPM,...would you pay $20, $30, $40 or even more to see a show with no sound, no motion and lousy tickets...

01-14-2002, 04:41 AM
SPM - Many come and pay to see the show because of the celebrities in it. You are a well known celebrity and should realize this. I find that the price I pay for the show is well worth it and can be recovered by tipping "AIRBALLS" when appropriate.