PDA

View Full Version : Something that bothers me probably more than it should....

SomethingClever
09-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Overweight people in my office taking the elevator from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, or 3 to 4. Or vice versa.

I take it from 1 to 4, and there is always some clown making a one story trip.

I mean, honestly, it's one flight of stairs, and you could use the exercise.

TStoneMBD
09-07-2005, 04:49 PM
you lazy putz. i bet tony danza doesnt take the elevator for 4 measly flights.

jokerthief
09-07-2005, 04:49 PM
That bothers me as well.

istewart
09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
People that walk really slowly on narrow sidewalks are worse.

Slow Play Ray
09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
awesome avatar.

asofel
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and then you're the prick if you walk out of your way to get in front of them...

drewjustdrew
[ QUOTE ]
you lazy putz. i bet tony danza doesnt take the elevator for 4 measly flights.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually only 3 measly flights. I do it every time. And yes, there are a ton of lardo's taking the elevator, but that leave the stairs open for me.

Shajen
09-07-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and then you're the prick if you walk out of your way to get in front of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I do this all the time...I just like to get where I'm going.

Hmmm, I'm interested in what you have to say on this.

(And no, I won't SCKM) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
09-07-2005, 04:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The worst are healthy, full grown adults who don't get out of my way when I'm running. Often in pairs holding hands, etc. they could easily get out of my way but nooo they make me go around them. I hate people who don't respect exercisers right to the sidewalk.

asofel
09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I'm interested in what you have to say on this.

(And no, I won't SCKM) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah....i do it often as well...i have a longer than avg stride, so I don't expect people to walk as fast...its the same people you can hear huffing and making little noises when you pass them on an escalator or something....there's obviously nothing wrong with any of this as long as you don't physically bump or brush up against the person in order to make it obvious they're pissing you off /images/graemlins/smile.gif

drewjustdrew
09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The worst are healthy, full grown adults who don't get out of my way when I'm running. Often in pairs holding hands, etc. they could easily get out of my way but nooo they make me go around them. I hate people who don't respect exercisers right to the sidewalk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the guy taking the handicapped parking spot when going to the gym?

tbach24
09-07-2005, 05:00 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the guy taking the handicapped parking spot when going to the gym?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be inconsiderate of handicapped people. I always get out of the way of the handicapped when running, it's just standard. I'm talking about the douchebag people walking hogging the sidewalk when they're fully capable of getting out of the way.

phage
09-07-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Slow down and smell the roses. Sidewalks are not gyms

tdarko
09-07-2005, 05:04 PM
i agree.

i lived in connecticut for a little while and i was a member of this gym (b/c it was the only one close) and it was one of those globo-gym types. long story short it had an elevator in it and the elevator dropped you off at none other than the cardio room.

nothing pissed me off more than watching fat women taking the elevator to get to a treadmill /images/graemlins/mad.gif

09-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Fat is the new thin.

09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you running from? Its okay,you can tell us we are all friends here.

SomethingClever
09-07-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's faster to take the stairs for one flight unless you're slow as hell.

The breakeven point is about two flights.

It's faster for me to take the 'vator than to climb 3 flights, so that's why I take it.

lucas9000
09-07-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do they have eyes in the back of their heads? do you say something to let them know you're coming (eg, "on your left!")?

Benal
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Overweight people in my office taking the elevator from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, or 3 to 4. Or vice versa.

I take it from 1 to 4, and there is always some clown making a one story trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd probably get a heart attack using the stairs.

tbach24
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do they have eyes in the back of their heads? do you say something to let them know you're coming (eg, "on your left!")?

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who can't see me I get out of the way, but for those coming in the opposite direction who can see me and are fully able, it'd be nice if they moved a bit. It'd be very easy for me to hurt myself on a hidden root in the ground, among other possibilities, whereas since they're going slowly they won't hurt themselves.

lucas9000
09-07-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who can't see me I get out of the way, but for those coming in the opposite direction who can see me and are fully able, it'd be nice if they moved a bit. It'd be very easy for me to hurt myself on a hidden root in the ground, among other possibilities, whereas since they're going slowly they won't hurt themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, the whole world should stop for you.

tbach24

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, the whole world should stop for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

phage
Once again, sidewalks are NOT gyms.

Soul Daddy
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
I let stuff like this bother me too. I have no idea why, it's not like I'm ever in a real hurry at work. Yet I find myself very ticked about lazy fucks that do this. My frustration is a source of amusement for my friends who take elevators with me, they actually look forward to stopping on 3 on the way down from 10, just to see the look on my face.

tbach24
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say they were? I'm not asking people to throw themselves into oncoming traffic, but if you're taking a leisurely stroll, you can get take one step out of the way, it's not difficult, and like I've said, it's much, much more likely for someone running to get hurt by a above ground root than it is someone standing still. Also, to switch perspectives, why do they have more right to the sidewalk than I? Why don't I just crash into them? There's no reason for me to move, they can walk within the comfort of their living room.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-07-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they can walk within the comfort of their living room.

[/ QUOTE ]
As you can run within the comfort of your living room.

http://www.lowback-pain.com/treadmill.gif

tbach24
09-07-2005, 05:50 PM
that wasn't really my point. he was saying that if i'm running, i should go to a gym. my point is that i have as much right to the sidewalk as them, and should take priority due to likelihood of injury. i was offering them a reasonable alternative.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Meh. You shouldn't be running on the sidewalk anyway. It's bad for your shins.

phage
09-07-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say they were? I'm not asking people to throw themselves into oncoming traffic, but if you're taking a leisurely stroll, you can get take one step out of the way, it's not difficult, and like I've said, it's much, much more likely for someone running to get hurt by a above ground root than it is someone standing still. Also, to switch perspectives, why do they have more right to the sidewalk than I? Why don't I just crash into them? There's no reason for me to move, they can walk within the comfort of their living room.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are looking at this too literally. Sidewalks are for people to get from place to place safely. Those who are walking have the right of way. If you want to run outside, do so but stop worriying about roots, gopher holes, culverts, sinkholes, slick grass, quicksand, nettles, and any other impediments. If you choose to run then put up with the little inconveniences.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-07-2005, 06:00 PM
How about people taking the elevator down one floor - 3 to 2 or 2 to 1?

SomethingClever
09-07-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about people taking the elevator down one floor - 3 to 2 or 2 to 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's even worse, and it's addressed in my OP. ["vice versa"]

peterchi
09-07-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As a School of Public Health student, I have to agree. Stairs are good for you.

and wash your F'in hands too while we're at it.

Shajen
09-07-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's faster to take the stairs for one flight unless you're slow as hell.

The breakeven point is about two flights.

It's faster for me to take the 'vator than to climb 3 flights, so that's why I take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I was not replying to your post about stairs. I was referring to going around people on the sidewalk if they are walking slower than I am.

People who take the elevator for 1 floor piss me off too.

djoyce003
09-07-2005, 07:10 PM
no this pisses me off as well....my company has 5 floors and there are always people getting on the elevator on 29 and riding it up to 30....i mean honestly, take the stairs you lazy ass. I could see 2-5 floors, but jeez one flight of stairs, come on. Especially annoying are the ones that take the elevator down 1 floor...like it requires any effort at all to walk down the stairs.

lem45216
09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I got pissed off at fat people taking the lift at my college for 1 floor journeys. So, in my own immature way, i stuck 'Out of Order' signs on all the lifts. No one ever argues with an out of order sign.

Recliner
09-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Ahahahaha, awesome.

Sephus
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
i'm in good shape and i almost always use the elevator, even to go down 1 flight.

exceptions are when the stairs are closer.

LethalRose
09-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I never use the elevator, and I usually park very far away from wherever im going, this translates into 10ibs a year..

and yea, I see people doing this all the time and make fun of them often.

STLantny
09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
I cant believe anyone is disagreeing/giving tback a hard time. I HATE when that happens. Lets walk as slow as possible, and take up a whole sidewalk with our fat ass, so people who have things to do cant walk by. Arg. I want to stab them sometimes.