PDA

View Full Version : HU with crappy pair

silkyslim
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Villian is tight but only over 20 hands.
I think pf and flop bet is std, what to do from there?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Nick C
09-07-2005, 06:27 PM
The turn check is fine. You're usually behind and drawing to your murky outs here, and CO isn't folding. He might raise again, though.

The river is trickier. Apparently CO isn't so crazy about his hand unimproved, but that doesn't mean you have him beat. So . . . can you push him off of QT or AQ with a bet? I have my doubts.

Meanwhile, a check does invite a bet from JT/TT, and with those hands, CO may figure he can't win unless he can get you to fold. He might call with those hands too, though, hoping for, say, A9s or 88.

Anyway, you played the hand the way I probably would have. But I'm not sure what's best on the river.

newhizzle
09-07-2005, 06:31 PM
i dont think the opponent is folding too many hands we can beat on the river, it looks like he may be on some kind of draw, i like the check/call on the river